Homebrew GBARunner2

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Releases since February 16th feature button re-mapping, whose menu is available by pressing "R" from the ROM selection menu.

Woah, added just 19 days ago! Good timing on my part! Thank you so much!

I would also like to recommend maybe a mode that changes the colors of the games to make them darker, essentially reversing the brightness filter Nintendo put on all the games to make up for the original GBA not having a backlight. That would be awesome.

Also I downloaded the covers.zip but where do I put it? It's from the GBARunner website that says they are compatible. I just don't know where to dump them on my SD card?

pgattic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pgattic.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Woah, added just 19 days ago! Good timing on my part! Thank you so much!

I would also like to recommend maybe a mode that changes the colors of the games to make them darker, essentially reversing the brightness filter Nintendo put on all the games to make up for the original GBA not having a backlight. That would be awesome.

Also I downloaded the covers.zip but where do I put it? It's from the GBARunner website that says they are compatible. I just don't know where to dump them on my SD card?

Extract the contents of the covers.zip into the _gba folder

Edit: Yeah, this software has gotten many major updates recently thanks to Gericom's hard work and dedication towards the project.

Last edited by pgattic,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an option to make the screen darker.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's an option to make the screen darker.
Great! As someone that’s gotten into Castlevania recently (what can I say, Dawn of Sorrow is fun whether I like the anime art style or not), I could use that. One of the gba Castlevania games is stupidly dark and the next is weirdly bright!

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know someone else almost definitely asked this already, but any idea how I could change the controls?
Also, for some reason, Pokemon Pinball R&S isn't working- the game works but it appears to not recognize the left shoulder button.
No, it's not a broken button on my DSi- it works fine in other games like Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.

D

Deleted User

I know someone else almost definitely asked this already, but any idea how I could change the controls?
Also, for some reason, Pokemon Pinball R&S isn't working- the game works but it appears to not recognize the left shoulder button.
No, it's not a broken button on my DSi- it works fine in other games like Castlevania Aria of Sorrow.
Did you select control type 3 or 4? You have to set the control type in the option menu to play with the shoulder button.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, launch the ROM, GBA screen, opening intro, then the title screen.
I don't see how this can be made clearer. :P
OH THE TITLE SCREEN OF THE GAMES THEMSELVES *facepalm*
I thought you were referring to some kind of gbarunner2 title screen or something!

tinasoft2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hello guys, i have gbarunner2 on my DS XL, and i wanted to ask since i can't find it, is there an option to save games and load like some emulators which offer slots?

thanks

jonothan.stevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand the general gist of the technology correctly, you wouldn't really expect GBARunner2 to have save states because it's not really an emulator, right? It's more just a layer of code that helps expose the correct parts of the already-existing, carried-forward-from-the-GBA hardware to the ROMs?

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I understand the general gist of the technology correctly, you wouldn't really expect GBARunner2 to have save states because it's not really an emulator, right? It's more just a layer of code that helps expose the correct parts of the already-existing, carried-forward-from-the-GBA hardware to the ROMs?
yeah though it would be nice if they could make the pause menu (which looks like a settings menu) have config settings and things like that

Reactions: jonothan.stevens

pgattic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pgattic.github.io
XP
Country
United States

I think save states could still work. Since the hypervisor can already pause emulation, the hypervisor could have direct access to gba RAM (remember, a savestate is simply the state of the RAM put into a readable file).

Last edited by pgattic,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yeah though it would be nice if they could make the pause menu (which looks like a settings menu) have config settings and things like that
Isn't it that already?
I think save states could still work. Since the hypervisor can already pause emulation, the hypervisor could have direct access to gba RAM (remember, a savestate is simply the state of the RAM put into a readable file).
The main problem is write-only io registers. I could probably store copies of the values in memory, but this is not something I want to do right now. There are other things which I think are more important and my time is limited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/W-k8itKhZzE?si=x1FjAoq74Jv0TAUx +1