Homebrew GBARunner2

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't it that already?

The main problem is write-only io registers. I could probably store copies of the values in memory, but this is not something I want to do right now. There are other things which I think are more important and my time is limited.
1) It is? All I can access through it is "resume", "pause" and "load a different rom". How do I get to the actual settings settings?
2) Maybe another time?

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You aren't alone. It happened to me with hitting B at the Twilight Menu Classic Menu.
Wait, which function does that do again? No seriously I am derp potato.
Edit: Never mind. It's kinda obvious. It's the B button. It nopes outta there.

Last edited by Plasmaster09,
Reactions: jonothan.stevens

jonothan.stevens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the first release of TWMenu I had tried, clicking on the icon in the lower right took you straight to the ROM selection menu. Then in a later release, it changed to be the manual and I was like "WTF? This is cool, but now I have to see it every time???" Then I asked the question here and @Robz8 was just like, "Dude, push B."

pgattic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
pgattic.github.io
XP
Country
United States
That is currently not supported.

That's interesting. I thought that the screens turning off and the game stopping when the lid was closed would be part of the nds operating system or even hardware, and something like that would inherently happen with any software its running.

Edit: Out of curiosity, are there any commercial games that don't do this?

Last edited by pgattic,

Lenks

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Hope that sleeping mode is something that dev. considers to add :blush:
I did tested some games with the latest build on DSi XL and seems that they run pretty decent - Metroid (both), Zeldas, Baldur's Gate.

Reactions: Gericom

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hope that sleeping mode is something that dev. considers to add :blush:
I did tested some games with the latest build on DSi XL and seems that they run pretty decent - Metroid (both), Zeldas, Baldur's Gate.
Yeah it is planned. But putting the system in low power mode comes with some extra considerations, which I have to implement.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was talking about changing the actual color pallet though, not just lowering the brightness.
I think that is more fit for a romhack, which I am pretty sure already exists for a lot of games that really need it on the GBA. Of course, at the moment romhacks are really hit and miss with gbarunner2 since getting offical unmodified games are naturally of a higher priority getting to run.

Last edited by Zense,

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another update on dsp audio:
- Direct Sound channels - Done
- GB Channel 1 - Done
- GB Channel 2 - Done
- GB Channel 3 - To be done
- GB Channel 4 - To be done
- Reading back sound regs from arm 9 - To be done
- Implement in gbarunner2 - To be done

It is going smoothly. I can't wait to try it out in gbarunner2. I also came up with a new way to provide proper synchronization (vsync and timers).

Last edited by Gericom,
D

Deleted User

Another update on dsp audio:
- Direct Sound channels - Done
- GB Channel 1 - Done
- GB Channel 2 - Done
- GB Channel 3 - To be done
- GB Channel 4 - To be done
- Reading back sound regs from arm 9 - To be done
- Implement in gbarunner2 - To be done

It is going smoothly. I can't wait to try it out in gbarunner2. I also came up with a new way to provide proper synchronization (vsync and timers).
I´m aware that this is for the DSi/3DS version of gbarunner2. Is there anything from this that you can use for the ds to improve the audio?

Reactions: Alexander1970

Gericom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I´m aware that this is for the DSi/3DS version of gbarunner2. Is there anything from this that you can use for the ds to improve the audio?
I'm not sure. But with the introduction of this it is not the case that I will not try to improve audio on the DS anymore or so. However since a majority seems to use a dsi or 3ds, I think this will be an important improvement for a large part of the users.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I make rum cake for 4th July every year, I make it a week prior and then soak it in rum in the fridge all week. I flip the cake each day, and add little more rum, it soaks it up everyday, so good.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sorry, idk what you mean by a space cake, and even if i did, i'm not really taking requests right now, because otherwise people will get mad at me for taking a request but not making a birthday cake for @Xdqwerty (i'm sorry for that btw bro)
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @BakerMan lies, you just want to smoke it

:rofl2:
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess all the food in my fridge can knock out a cow or two
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I should visit Florida again, miss the alligator barbecues
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".