Homebrew GBA loader for Wii?

tengusoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So, my friend just installe dthe hombre channel for teh first time and she wants to play GBA games, the emulator is Visual Boy Advance GX but we don't know what exaclty to do since she read it needs a loadr but no loadr came with the rar file, any help on what exaclty we need?

D

Deleted-119707

tengusoldier said:
So, my friend just installe dthe hombre channel for teh first time and she wants to play GBA games, the emulator is Visual Boy Advance GX but we don't know what exaclty to do since she read it needs a loadr but no loadr came with the rar file, any help on what exaclty we need?
howto get it working:
learn to spell.
there IS a readme... i think your supposed to read it.

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tengusoldier said:

So you have a rar file that contains the visualboyadvancegs program for the wii and you don't know what to do with it? Really? Ok, try installing winrar and extracting the contents of the file. If you are passed this step, then you should be able to figure out how to start the emulator from the homebrew channel using the readme file.

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
nicky041192 said:
howto get it working:
learn to spell.
there IS a readme... i think your supposed to read it.
dont be a twat, not everyone can speak english when they're from mexico.

also, vbagx supports zip, not rar. so as the above comment says, just take the files out of the .rar file, place them in a folder on your SD card (x:/vba/roms) works best because it is the default directory.

so, make a folder on you sd card called VBA, then inside that make a folder called roms, then put all your gameboy advance roms and zip files into that folder.

simple
smile.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
that's usually what happen with bad roms, make sure the file type is .gb, .gbc, Igba or a zip with that kind of file inside.
There are also a bunch of bad dumps on the internet which would fail in any emulator

hvsep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
that's usually what happen with bad roms, make sure the file type is .gb, .gbc, Igba or a zip with that kind of file inside.
There are also a bunch of bad dumps on the internet which would fail in any emulator

I was using a GBA ROM. :\ It loads fine on an emulator on my comp.

twarek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how i can save the game in that vbagx? i was playing pokemon red last night, i save many times, and when i switch on the game today i have to start again from the begenning.I saw the vbagx menu and theres a save or load icon.But its saying that could not save the file.I check and i got the folder called roms and saves
apps/vbagx/roms and saves in roms folder i got pokemon red and in saves should save my game.anyone know any better gb or gba emulator on Wii?I wanna play some good rpg pokemon game

julz1

Trophies
XP
Country
twarek said:
how i can save the game in that vbagx? i was playing pokemon red last night, i save many times, and when i switch on the game today i have to start again from the begenning.I saw the vbagx menu and theres a save or load icon.But its saying that could not save the file.I check and i got the folder called roms and saves
apps/vbagx/roms and saves in roms folder i got pokemon red and in saves should save my game.anyone know any better gb or gba emulator on Wii?I wanna play some good rpg pokemon game

just wondering do you constantly update your version of vbagx and the save folder should be in the vbagx folder beside the rom folder not inside it
just clearing that up if its not the case

if you hit home you can click save state which always works for me btw changing or renaming the file if it doesnt match the save file it will not work

Eves

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tj_cool said:
3) Get your ROMs (games) and place them in the vbagx/roms folder

Setted VBAGX up today:

- Extracted .rar to SD (apps - apps/vbgax)

Read something in readme.txt about making your own maps: roms + saves and so I did: apps/vbgax/roms - apps/vbgax/saves.

- Extracted game .gb to SD (apps/vbgax/roms)

I enter HBC, open up vbgax and instantly get a error that no games are found, alltho I can manually select it in the roms map, weird.
I also can not save, if anyone knows the solution I would like to know, gonna try some stuff myself tomorrow when I got time.

TIA

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It's not SD://apps/vbagx/roms
SD://vbagx/roms is correct. Though the .dol still has to be in apps. You're card structure should look something like this:

Code:
SD:// (root)
>apps
ÂÂ>vbagx
ÂÂÂÂ>boot.dol
ÂÂÂÂ>meta.xml
ÂÂÂÂ>icon.png
>vbagx
ÂÂ>roms (place all your roms here)
ÂÂ>saves

Eves

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
roku93 said:
It's not SD://apps/vbagx/roms
SD://vbagx/roms is correct. Though the .dol still has to be in apps. You're card structure should look something like this:

Code:
SD:// (root)
>apps
ÂÂ>vbagx
ÂÂÂÂ>boot.dol
ÂÂÂÂ>meta.xml
ÂÂÂÂ>icon.png
>vbagx
ÂÂ>roms (place all your roms here)
ÂÂ>saves

Thanks =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o