Gaming GB/C & NES games you'd like remade?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
In the same vein as "Existing Games you'd love to be DS'ed", I ask a simple question: What games from GameBoy, GameBoy Color, and NES would you like to see remade for GameBoy Advance and/or Nintendo DS? Yesterday I was thinking about classic game titles for some reason, and realised that we may have seen the last of our classic GB/C games outside of roms. Due to the fact that the virtual console on Wii probably won't support them, and the fact that the DS system isn't backwards compatible. Then there's NES games, which we will see on Wii, but I for one consider most of them unplayable by today's standards (they're too hard, too 8-bit, and too basic).

As far as I'm concerned, this is the perfect time for developers to start overhauling old games, and releasing them as 2D remakes for either the GBA, or the DS. Some perfect examples of classic remakes are Metroid: Zero Mission (a remake of Metroid for NES), Sword of Mana (a remake of Seiken Densetsu/Final Fantasy Adventure, for GameBoy), and Kirby: Nightmare In Dreamland (a remake of Kirby's Adventure for NES). All of which were remade for GameBoy Advance. So I ask again:

What games from GameBoy, GameBoy Color, and NES would you like to see remade for GameBoy Advance and/or Nintendo DS?

*Ahem* I'll start, I suppose. Let me see... Metroid 2: Return of Samus, Super Mario Bros 1 (the features of Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, with the graphics and gameplay of of the All-Star SNES version. Plus the added touches of the GBA remakes of the other Mario games), Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels (same as before), and most of all the 2 Super Mario Land games (1 remade with All-Star SMB graphics, and 2 with Super Mario World graphics). Infact, I'd like to see all the 2D Mario games released in some sort of "Super Mario All-Stars DS" game. And that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

P.S. - Only games from GameBoy/Color, and NES please.

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Survival Kids 1+2 (on same cart [#2 being english for the first time ever]{with updated 32-bit graphIX})

GBC ftw!

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd love to see the 3 Gameboy Zelda's remake and then all on the same cart.

Heh, I knew someone would mention these. I for one consider them to be a few of the only truely playable games of the GBC era. However, really, most GBC games are fairly playable... it's the old NES and GB games which need some updating. And in some cases they don't even need gameplay updating, but some graphical updating and gameplay tweaks are always nice.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chessmaster
biggrin.gif

No, but maybe a game similiar to goonies 2? Like 2d lvl buildup gameplay as in the castlevania series but when he enters one of those places it goes 3d.

WK416

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Metroid 2... METROID 2!!!
It screams for a minimap and full coloring!

Oh... And all the GB Megamans. Capcom hasn't been pulling through in that field.
frown.gif

Taras

I'm Not Hating, I'm Just Sayin'
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NES - Bible Adventures. And I'd play it right after I punched myself in the jewels until they were swollen and discolored.

Really though - Super Dodge Ball and obviously M.U.L.E. (c64, not NES engine)

Woot!

edit: come to think of it, they did make a GBA dodge ball but I thought it was flea.

Xboxed

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Be nice to see any of these games remade for the DS

Chase HQ
Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
Duck Tales
Elevator Action
Excitebike
Gauntlet
Parodius
Lifeforce
Marble Madness
Snake Rattle 'n Roll
New Zealand Story
Pac-Land
Punch-Out
Snow Bros
Strider
Toki
Track & Field

I guess i'll have to keep dreaming
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...