Hacking Gateway mode wont boot after emunand!

hobi2214

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I set up gateway, did everything and was able to play 3DS games with no problems.
I had a feeling i might screw something if i'll make emunand, but decided to go through with it to be able to use e-shop. I started setting it up but later found out that it wont boot up because of the new version that came out now. I then said ok i just wait until they will release an u[date for it.
But, here is the problem, now i cant boot gateway mode, nor classic mode. It goes black screen and the only way out is to hold the power button.

I then decided to do all the install process of the gateway again (blue card and all these stuff), but nothing helps, gateway mode keep going black screen. I dont want emunand anymore i just want to get it back to work again :(

What can i do to start from scratch? my version is 4.5.0

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
8.x doesn't work with emunand, so don't update emunand.......this also means no eshop access

To just get it back to normal pick format emunand again which will set it back up to 4.x emunand

hobi2214

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
8.x doesn't work with emunand, so don't update emunand.......this also means no eshop access

Yes, that i understand, but now gateway mode wont boot up at all.
I also know that the blue card installer didn't install well (even though it finished the install and all), because i still see my e-shop games. (the first time when i installed gateway, e-shop games gone).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah you didn't backup your Sd card contents, so you loose all your eahop games......when you picked format emunand it would of clearly said "back up your Sd card before formatting"

Anyway Hold L when you go to DS profile and pick format emunand again which will take you back to 4.x emunand

hobi2214

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes i know but that's not the problem... my problem is not related to e-shop games.
My problem is that after formatting emunand, gateway mode wont boot up. it goes black screen and the only way out is to hold power button.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yes i know but that's not the problem... my problem is not related to e-shop games.
My problem is that after formatting emunand, gateway mode wont boot up. it goes black screen and the only way out is to hold power button.
Yeah you didn't backup your Sd card contents, so you loose all your eahop games......when you picked format emunand it would of clearly said "back up your Sd card before formatting"

Anyway Hold L when you go to DS profile and pick format emunand again which will take you back to 4.x emunand

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I set up gateway, did everything and was able to play 3DS games with no problems.
I had a feeling i might screw something if i'll make emunand, but decided to go through with it to be able to use e-shop. I started setting it up but later found out that it wont boot up because of the new version that came out now. I then said ok i just wait until they will release an u[date for it.
But, here is the problem, now i cant boot gateway mode, nor classic mode. It goes black screen and the only way out is to hold the power button.

I then decided to do all the install process of the gateway again (blue card and all these stuff), but nothing helps, gateway mode keep going black screen. I dont want emunand anymore i just want to get it back to work again :(

What can i do to start from scratch? my version is 4.5.0
You can't use the eShop. The newest firmware won't run on emuNAND because of a new SDK version. There's no real point in using emuNAND at the moment since you can't update it to the latest version anyway.

You'll have to format your SD card on the PC to get rid of the emunand partition or you could reformat the emuNAND to get it back to 4.x as mentioned.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah I would say just to reformat emunand, just standard formatting on the Pc won't.solve anything, you would need to use a different program.to remove the emunand partition or it would just end up the same

hobi2214

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i reformatted emunand again and now it's booting, finally... can't believe i spent so many hours playing with it trying to figure out whats wrong.
All good now, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: