Hacking Gateway messes up gyroscope

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Errrr sorry... i just noticed i posted this on the wrong section... can this post be moved to the 3ds side?

So i had a 3ds xl 4.2 with a 3dslink and now i have a diferent 3ds xl on 4.5 with a gateway omega 2.2.

With the gateway the gyroscope is sluggish, for example in luigi's mansion peeking through holes, looking left or down slowly it works kinda ok, but moving up or to the right, if i move the 3ds slow, the image on screen doesn't move, as if the gyroscope isn't detecting the motion.

With 3dslink i remember i could move slowly in any direction and the image on screen always followed my motion perfectly.

I did not have the chance to try the 3dslink in my new 3ds so i'm left with at least 3 possibilities:
1 - The new 3ds has a faulty gyroscope, or maybe diferent hardware which is not as sensitive?
2 - It's a problem in 3ds 4.5 firmware and 4.2 didn't have it.
3 - Gateway is overworking the 3ds cpu or whatever and is making the gyro slow.

I am guessing it's number 3 cause today i tried the 3ds pre installed game face raiders, and it was really sluggish aswell when moving around, but as soon as i removed gateway from the 3ds while playing the game, it became responsive as normal. Tho on next tries face raiders is now fluid even with gateway inserted...

Other thing i notice using gateway many times is that it completly breaks the gyro after playing some games, sometimes on luigi mansion or starfox the gyro is always pointing in down-right as if the analog stick was stuck pointing there and have to reboot to fix it, so it looks obvious that gateway is fucking up the gyro.

Does anybody experience the same issues? And if yes is there any fix?

Sylantemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have issues with the gyroscope when used with my Gateway, but incidentally enough, I use 4.2... Not that I'd assume it was related, but it is an odd coincidence.

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Never ran into any issues with the gyroscope in either Gateway or Classic mode. I'm on 4.5 running omega 2.2 firmware and 7.1 emunand.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ah ye, i also trying on 7.1 emunand, have to try without emunand. (Already tried, same thing happens)

Let me emphasize that i'm talking about moving really really slowly, if i move normally it tracks the motion kinda ok, tho it feels a bit less fluid than when i was using 3dslnk.

For example right at the start of Luigi's mansion Secret Mine D-2 level they show an image that we can move around in with the gyro, and even more after zooming in, it becomes very sluggish and hard to use with the gyro. :/

I don't have any original card game so i can't try, but on face raiders, (and i'm assuming that game makes use of the gyro to keep track of the position of the holes on the walls), the motion tracking is flawless, unlike on luigi's mansion with gateway.

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on 4.5 and havent noticed any issues with the gyro. I was just playing mgs the other day and having to use the gyro to balance. No issues here

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only assume your gyro (mmm... gyros) is bad 'cause 4.5 and Omega 2.2 here and I also have no gyro issues...

Other than now I'm hungry for questionable meat roasted on a spit and then wrapped in a pita.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks for checking, and did you guys try luigi's mansion specifically? That's the only game giving me problems, for example even just pointing the flashlight down, then if i move up really slowly, it just gets stuck pointing down, i have to jolt it up fast to unstuck it.

Also can u guys point me to games that uses the gyro a lot? i tried starfox and that one also seems flawless but the motion controls in that game are a bit different and i can't really notice if it's ok or not.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ok, so i tried zelda oot, it responds a bit better than luigi's mansion but it also has issues, on the view mode or holding the slingshot gives same results, turning the 3ds up or down very slowly in this one does work but it makes a small pause everytime i change direction.

Moving sideways it moves quite well too but only as long as i don't slow the motion down to a snail's pace.
When i turn left or right very slowly in zelda oot the 3ds doesn't detect the motion and the screen image stops moving, then when i move on the opposite direction it does move a little bit and stops again untill i accelerate the motion or turn the other way again...

Do yours have the same behaviour in oot or am i being too picky (tho i didn't have this problem before in luigi's mansion with the 3dslink on the other 4.2 3ds...)? you have to turn the 3ds really slowly.

NicEXE

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try with the flying face shooting thing so that everybody can give their results with as less different factors as possible.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
ye, i guess face raiders is the best thing to try since i don't need to use gateway for it.

I did a system format and played face raiders right after the format without gateway or even the sdcard inserted, same issue, it works fine as long as i don't slow down to almost a pixel by pixel motion.

On face raiders, play a little bit to make some holes on the walls, then keeping the 3ds supported on top of a flat table for stability, rotating up and down ↨ veeery slowly, the holes on the wall move along together with what the camera is recording quite well but still it has a very small delay when i change direction, but just rotating sideways very slowly ↔, like just a couple pixels per second, the holes stay stationary and don't move together with the camera view. If i keep moving slow, maybe it will take a minute or 2, but i can do a 180º and the holes on the wall don't move...

If anybody would try this above ↑ and report back i would appreciate :) but as it is i think i just have a gyro that is not very sensitive :/

I updated to 4.5 using gateway but i do have a backup of sysnand 4.4, dunno if i should try to flash back that one, but i haven't opened this 3ds xl yet and i dunno if it's worth the trouble as the problem is likely to remain...

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How slowly is slowly? I can move without making my gyro detect it if I try to. But I've got to go deliberately slow.

Have you tried with 3D off? Perhaps its eating up resources and making gyro lag when things are happening on screen.

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well, really slow lol, anyway, i'm uploading a video of luigi's mansion to show what i'm talking about and will add it here.

I tried more extensively with zelda oot, and contrary to luigi's mansion, rotating up and down is flawless even if i move super slow, so it kinda makes me think the gyro is ok, rotating left and right does have issues tho... so i dunno if this is just the way the games work or not, but again, i never had issues on luigi's mansion with the 3dslink before...

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
In this video u can see starting at 14s the flashlight just stops moving. Towards the end it completely gets stuck.

This one is better, u can see it failing right from the start and then it also gets stuck pointing up, but it can get stuck pointing down too.

Peeking through holes is even worse, if i rotate slow it doesn't move in any direction.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Has he had seizures before?