Hacking Gateway freezes after injecting EmuNAND to new SD card

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I finally got the .3ds to .cia process down, I am trying to upgrade my 4GB SD card to a 32GB one. I used the EmuNANDTool v1.01 to extract the EmuNAND.bin, and then used it to inject that into my new SD card. It seems to have worked, but when I try to boot to Gateway Mode, it shows the Gateway OMEGA logo, then freezes, requiring me to hold the power button to turn it off.

Is there anything I am missing? I made sure that the Launcher.dat file was in the root of my new SD card, and am able to at least boot into the Gateway menu by holding L. Just can't boot into either Gateway Mode or Classic Mode.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone?

I tried using a 2GB card, rather than the new 32GB microSDHC card that I just bought, and it actually worked.

Is it not possible to inject EmuNAND from a 4GB SDHC card to a 32GB microSDHC card in an SD adapter?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i didn't think you could use microsd cards with adapters, thought it had to be a proper sdcard.........................sudeki300

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got it to work perfectly with a no-name brand 2GB microSD card. It failed when trying with a 4GB microSDHC card, and a 32GB microSDHC card.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
before you inject the nand you are making the partition with format emunand in the gateway menu..........................sudeki300

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. I just tried it again. Just formatted the EmuNAND partition on my new 32GB microSDHC card. Rebooted, and it freezes on the Gateway logo.

CraddaPoosta

Sepatown, my damie.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think something got wonky during the injection process. For some reason, I wound up with corrupted-looking files in the DCIM folder, a couple of which were supposedly over 3GB in size. I formatted my SD card just using the regular Windows formatter, and was successfully able to boot EmuNAND on the new card, but it was still on GW4.x.

After the format, I am attempting again to inject my 9.x EmuNAND backup. Should be done in a couple of minutes.

SUCCESS!

Thanks for all the assistance. Nothing irritates me more than the penchant of inanimate objects to confusticate and bebother me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: you can't turn link into a femboy in tears of the kingdom