Hacking Gateway and Pkmn Sun Issue

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have Pkmn Sun and dumped full cart to Gateway with Decrypt9. When I tried to launch game on gateway, it froze when game was creating extra data to SD card. I forced system off and rebooted, game said save was corrupted and even froze when trying to delete that... Is anyone else experiencing this and/or know a fix? Thoughts and help greatly appreciated :)
Apparently the game doesn't work as Card1 and has to be converted to Card2. I think this might be related to Gateway using 512 KB saves, it's just too small.

You can either use card1to2.py (which doesn't support trimming and therefore you have to split the ROM in 2 parts on FAT32) or my modified version of it which trims the ROM to 32 MB save space but is largely untested.
With 16 MB save space the game would randomly give a save data is corrupted error after X saves/loads. Therefore I changed it to 32 MB in the script, hopefully the error won't occur again but keep save backups just in case.

You can find my modified version here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/8225581/card1to2trim.rar
Requires python and Windows (due to the trunc.exe tool used)
Instructions for use:
Move card1to2trim.py and trunc.exe to the Python directory. Open a command prompt in the same directory (shift+right click->open command prompt here), type python card1to2trim.py followed by a space and then drag&drop the ROM file onto the window. Press enter, type 1 to confirm and press enter again.

@Max128 this post applies to you too.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Zidapi

Max128

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is finaly work for me with my gateway. Gateway ROM Patcher is not forced but card1to2 make this work. Thanks!

Last edited by Max128,

Skeet1983

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, here is where I am at with my Gateway issue:

I converted game from Card1 to Card2 format and put on GW. I tried to play game, but says save is corrupted. I tried to delete save, and it says an error has occurred, turn off system and try again or something. I am not sure where game creates save on my N3DS mSD card, and I don't remember GW creating save using title ID on root of N3DS mSD card. Not sure how to proceed... :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wCF3ywukQYA?si=6tm165dpnERzPwSX