Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordmau5

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Woke up today, felt like this:
iMKh3wO.jpg

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I cant believe since I last looked at this thread on the 26th Dec over 400 pages have been added, likely contributing nothing at all...

It will be here when its here, it's not like any you need to update past 9.2 at the moment to play any game released to date.

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
according to my question about 3ds 6.1 and 8.1 fw:
GW Team: "We support both firmware with our next update which is due next couple of days." today 10:58 GMT+1

"end of the week" transformers now changed to "couple of days"

my bet = march
It is indeed turning out like it, I sincerely hope it doesn't though.
We still have this, this, and this.

Reactions: Vickyle

MrJason005

√2
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I bought an N3DS today. 8.1, was hoping for 9.1/2 :( But if I am to understand Luigi's post above, it should still be fine?
Yes, you should read their own page. Their latest update states that:

Firmware release update

Posted on December 18, 2014
We know many Gateway users are eagerly anticipating our upcoming native firmware support for Systems over 4.5 up to 9.2.
We have currently implemented support for firmware versions 7.0 until 9.2 and adding support for lower versions every day.
We apologize for the delay but want to reassure our users that it will be released soon.
Our proven policy is not to rush a product for a quick shameless buck, but to release highly featured updates which are also future proof. All Gateway owners have been enjoying our product for up to 18 months now and none of them regret their purchase. The same will remain for new users who we are sure will enjoy their Gateway, probably for the lifetime of their console.
Thank you for your support and we ask you for just a little more patience, our release is now just around the corner.

satanicangel

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Seriously, those who are ranting that Gateway tricked you into buying a product/preorder, please read.

1. Did GW really promised anything on their website? From what I see they are just saying 'soon', 'around the corner', which can mean anything from 1 day - half year. They also never say "PLEASE BUY NOW WE WILL RELEASE IN 1 MONTH", or "GET YOUR GW TODAY TO AVOID IT BEING SOLD OUT". They never provide a time-frame(except the 18th Jan/5th Jan, which is coming from the sales team, and today is not even the 5th yet), hence I don't see where the 'trick you to buy' part comes in. You bought it, due to whatever reasons, but not because they tricked you into believing it will come out 'before Christmas', 'before New Year', or any time you think it SHOULD come out. Not promising a time here is also correct, because if they do so and failed to deliver the product(which is very normal for software developing like this), users will complaint.

2. Yes, the video already show that it is working. SO? Do you know that how long will it take to make it into a process so simple that even a 12 year old kid will know how to use and bug free? Do you know how much testing will need to be done before it will be promote from internal test, alpha test, beta test to the final product?

3. If you think you have bought a wrong product, refund it, buy a Sky3DS/whatever product that will make you feel good, and stop complaining. You will be happy, and GW won't even bother that you refunded the product.

4. Yes. they should really improve their communication, which I think is the only issue here people should be complaining about.

Please, it will be released when it is time to release. No use for you to shout here.

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
Seriously, those who are ranting that Gateway tricked you into buying a product/preorder, please read.

1. Did GW really promised anything on their website? From what I see they are just saying 'soon', 'around the corner', which can mean anything from 1 day - half year. They also never say "PLEASE BUY NOW WE WILL RELEASE IN 1 MONTH", or "GET YOUR GW TODAY TO AVOID IT BEING SOLD OUT". They never provide a time-frame(except the 18th Jan/5th Jan, which is coming from the sales team, and today is not even the 5th yet), hence I don't see where the 'trick you to buy' part comes in. You bought it, due to whatever reasons, but not because they tricked you into believing it will come out 'before Christmas', 'before New Year', or any time you think it SHOULD come out. Not promising a time here is also correct, because if they do so and failed to deliver the product(which is very normal for software developing like this), users will complaint.

2. Yes, the video already show that it is working. SO? Do you know that how long will it take to make it into a process so simple that even a 12 year old kid will know how to use and bug free? Do you know how much testing will need to be done before it will be promote from internal test, alpha test, beta test to the final product?

3. If you think you have bought a wrong product, refund it, buy a Sky3DS/whatever product that will make you feel good, and stop complaining. You will be happy, and GW won't even bother that you refunded the product.

4. Yes. they should really improve their communication, which I think is the only issue here people should be complaining about.

Please, it will be released when it is time to release. No use for you to shout here.
They have physically promised people before Jan 5th, no, not on their website, but a broken promise to one is a broken promise all the same.
I don't think anyone should get their panties in a bunch just yet but come jan 6th I won't take any issue with people making a big issue out of it, all they needed to do was give a liberal release date with plenty of leeway and released it early, if they can't stick to hard promises, then they fucked up.

As far as number 2 goes, as said in Emails, the software is done, they are preparing for deployment, not fixing bugs or making the process easier, if the semi-endorsed earlybird guide is anything to go by, they haven't done anything to make exploiting easier, because it's pretty much as simple as it can get being a carbon copy of ssspwn.

Reactions: Deleted User

TheDutchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
do any of you realise that the chance of someone actually typing out replies to all the emails they get is low. they just got a bunch of automated responses. read question, copy appropriate response, paste, send.
they just didnt bother to update their automatic responses.
also they must realise by now the more they wait the bigger the traffic will be when the update hits..

BemaniAK

Trophies
XP
Country
do any of you realise that the chance of someone actually typing out replies to all the emails they get is low. they just got a bunch of automated responses. read question, copy appropriate response, paste, send.
they just didnt bother to update their automatic responses.
also they must realise by now the more they wait the bigger the traffic will be when the update hits..
Except almost every reply has been slightly unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @a_username_that_isnt_cool, im 14