Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I bought a Strontium 32 GB card for around us14$

Edit - this one

srn32gtfu1large.jpg.2998f06b75.999x1000x704.jpg
I thought you were joking:P but this brand is real:P.

in dutch this name for a brand is hilarious.

flabulousfreddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use a SD card adapter so just buy a micro SD to futureproof yourself, the new 3DS will only take in micro SD as well if you change to it in the future.

Yeah, but the problem there is that when the MicroSD is used in an SD adapter, the speed DROPS, as it has to re-route through another connection. The Golden Rule of computers is that the shorter the distance, the better it works.

Which is usually why I frown upon adapters, daisy chains, and long USB cords. I've actually solved problems removing those issues. I've had issues where the drive wouldn't read with a long USB cord, where drives were having slowdown on daisy chains, and where SD cards were fast by themselves, but slower in the adapter.

Been repairing and tech supporting for over ten years. You'd be amazed what you run into

Best I can tell you is get a SD card for EmuNAND if you're using it on a 3DS and a MicroSD card if using on a N3DS.

Also, don't worry about future proofing as prices ALWAYS go down on storage. That 64GB card you'd pay $60 for now, will be only $40 six months from now. As storage goes up, prices drop.

I remember paying $150 for a 2TB drive last year. This year, I only paid $89 for it.

Reactions: 2Hack and lemanuel

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, but the problem there is that when the MicroSD is used in an SD adapter, the speed DROPS, as it has to re-route through another connection. The Golden Rule of computers is that the shorter the distance, the better it works.

Which is usually why I frown upon adapters, daisy chains, and long USB cords. I've actually solved problems removing those issues. I've had issues where the drive wouldn't read with a long USB cord, where drives were having slowdown on daisy chains, and where SD cards were fast by themselves, but slower in the adapter.

Been repairing and tech supporting for over ten years. You'd be amazed what you run into

Best I can tell you is get a SD card for EmuNAND if you're using it on a 3DS and a MicroSD card if using on a N3DS.
Nice point. I'm going to buy a normal SD. Thanks

Reactions: flabulousfreddy

flabulousfreddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also remember as I added to my post. Don't worry about future proofing as by the time you're ready to get a MicroSD, the price will have dropped by then. They always do.

Reactions: 2Hack

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Also, don't worry about future proofing as prices ALWAYS go down on storage. That 64GB card you'd pay $60 for now, will be only $40 six months from now. As storage goes up, prices drop.

I remember paying $150 for a 2TB drive last year. This year, I only paid $89 for it.

Damn, 60 usd? Paid around 20 for mine.

flabulousfreddy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only get Sandisk ones. That's why. I pay for the best brand. You know what they say, you get what you pay for. I've bough PNY's and Kingston's only for them to fail on me after a while.

Reactions: satel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: the voices inside my head