Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Briefly jumping on the hype train to say that I made a quick IFTTT recipe to receive a notification when the Gateway site is updated. Hopefully not too many people have gone insane or broke their F5 key yet. It needs to be out before I play Face Raiders/ AR Cards for the 100th time.
Uhh, face raiders is soo bad. I can't stand it.

Nice of you to make that for everyone though.

Reactions: Piepokemon

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Briefly jumping on the hype train to say that I made a quick IFTTT recipe to receive a notification when the Gateway site is updated. Hopefully not too many people have gone insane or broke their F5 key yet. It needs to be out before I play Face Raiders/ AR Cards for the 100th time.

I bought games for that reason, I had enough of system setting :hateit:

Reactions: dplaktos

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Back on topic, sort of. I hope when ever the update releases, Gateway have also patched whatever check it is that stops out of region and custom themes installing.

I want the slowpoke theme.
I don't think anything is really stopping it, rather just incompatibility.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think anything is really stopping it, rather just incompatibility.

I can't seem to find the damn thread now. But the custom theme creator thread, they were stated to work on one of the behind the scenes cfws (at least the custom themes, dunno about out of region), so I assumed Gateway had just not patched as many checks.

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
2dm6qhe.jpg

ryanjf97

not long now...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
what has happened to this thread in my absence, I missed all the fighting, and now everybody is offline :(

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
Feel sorry for those on 8.1. But I think those that were purchasing a N3DS from japan should have known the risks. It is possible that maybe a cart is released with 9.x or something, but it is probably safer to just return it if you can, and buy an AUS 3DS at this point. Unless of course you bought a special edition. Then you will unfortunately have to decide what is more important to you.

My guess is that it will take two months for gw to support 8.1 after 9.x because it seems like they will already have an understanding by that point.

I hope GW 9.x is released before Christmas. I am still hopeful for that.

Sonicx64

任豚好騙!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That email is referring to support for 8.1, I'd estimate support for lower firmware will come in a few months. But as for 9.2 support I'm still optimistic.

dplaktos

^ tri force heroes REALLY needs this emote
Trophies
XP
Country
Feel sorry for those on 8.1. But I think those that were purchasing a N3DS from japan should have known the risks. It is possible that maybe a cart is released with 9.x or something, but it is probably safer to just return it if you can, and buy an AUS 3DS at this point. Unless of course you bought a special edition. Then you will unfortunately have to decide what is more important to you.

My guess is that it will take two months for gw to support 8.1 after 9.x because it seems like they will already have an understanding by that point.

I hope GW 9.x is released before Christmas. I am still hopeful for that.
I don't quite agree. If we think back to emuNAND, a major feature which required a lot of work, it would've taken a while. These days, emuNAND updates are popping out like rabbits. Sure, there was the 7.x drought, but since then, it's been smooth sailing.

The initial support (9.0-9.2) will take time (as we've seen :wtf:) but 8.x support should come around much quicker.

IMHO those with 8.1 3DS's should just keep them. They will get support, and this is confirmed, as opposed to those with 9.3+ who have very little to no chance.

2Hack

HYPiavelli
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Canada
I don't quite agree. If we think back to emuNAND, it was a major feature and required a lot of work. It would've taken a while. These days, emuNAND updates are popping out like rabbits. Sure, there was the 7.x drought, but since then, it's been smooth sailing.

The initial support (9.0-9.2) will take time (as we've seen :wtf:) but 8.x support should come around much quicker.
Maybe you are right, but it matters just how similar the 9.x exploit is to the 8.x exploit I think. I'm no pro in this field, but that is what makes sense to me. If they are really different, then I think it makes sense to expect up to a 2 month wait time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yea im becoming a weeb slowly