Review Gateway 3DS Review

DemiseScythe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using their 2.0b2 firmware is safe ONLY if you are using the Gateway carts. I have been using 2.0b2 since about three weeks ago and it works exactly as expected. Used their red cart to play Luigi's Mansion 2, Ocarina 3D and Mario Land 3D. Most of the time I spend on 7.1 emunand playing Pokemon Y and Pokemon B2 and they both work online (using retail carts ofc). After piling over 230 hours just on Y alone, I'd fail to see the danger of using this firmware for Gateway clients given all the advantages they bring. At least clarify in the op that this only affects modified launchers and/or clone users.

Source: Personal experience and http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...udes-secret-kill-switch-that-bricks-handhelds

RazorX2014

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm new here and I've looked around to see if I could get an answer to my question which I now think I have but could someone confirm this and tell me exactly what I can do? This is my question.

I have just bought a 3ds on firmware 4.1.0E but I do not own a gateway 3ds yet so I wanted to know if I can use my R4I Gold 3DS RTS card to install the gateway exploit on my 3ds without any problems so I can use emunand to play my retail pokemon y card with out needing to update?

YoshiInAVoid

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
I know its obvious, but you should mention that using a slow micro SD card makes the game load certain parts slower (but plays the game at full speed once the data has been loaded). This is particularly noticeable in Mario Kart 7, navigating the car selection screen and starting a race takes significantly longer than on a retail cartridge if you use low class micro SD. The lack of online multiplayer removes a lot of playability of this game as well. Having to make sure that you close the application in order to save also detracts from the overall user experience.

Aside from these points, I have had no issues with my Gateway so far. I was worried that the lack of multi ROM would be annoying, but really I don't change games that often, and it's only a 2 minute wait.

EDIT: Okay I just encountered the save issue.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
By the way hats of to you:-
Ryukouki :bow:
Fantastic review my friend this is the first time I have come across it, its a shame m8 you could just not find a little bit of time to update it, would do it so much justice! Great Job :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again