Hacking Gateway 3DS Red Card Not Recognized on FW > 2.2

jdmvitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 3DS with firmware 4.5. As far as I know, for the past few weeks up until 2.4 was released I would not be able to format my emuNAND because I couldn't download firmware 8.1 and Gateway didn't have the latest FW working yet. I assume on 2.4 I can format my emuNAND and update from the internet?

However I'm having a problem. After installing the blue card exploit I tried using firmware 2.3b. On 2.3b I am unable to boot into gateway mode and the diagnostic fails for all tests. I tried using the 2.1 and 2.2 launchers and they both recognize the card and allow me to play roms. I have tried with the 2.4 launcher.dat and I get the same error of "card not recognized." I read that I might need to update the card itself by holding L and R while I boot into the Gateway menu. When I tried this it prompts me to update the card but I'm not sure whether this would break anything. I'm just trying to be cautious, could anyone tell me if this would be safe to do? Thank you.

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
I just got a 3DS with firmware 4.5. As far as I know, for the past few weeks up until 2.4 was released I would not be able to format my emuNAND because I couldn't download firmware 8.1 and Gateway didn't have the latest FW working yet. I assume on 2.4 I can format my emuNAND and update from the internet?

Yes.

However I'm having a problem. After installing the blue card exploit I tried using firmware 2.3b. On 2.3b I am unable to boot into gateway mode and the diagnostic fails for all tests. I tried using the 2.1 and 2.2 launchers and they both recognize the card and allow me to play roms. I have tried with the 2.4 launcher.dat and I get the same error of "card not recognized." I read that I might need to update the card itself by holding L and R while I boot into the Gateway menu. When I tried this it prompts me to update the card but I'm not sure whether this would break anything. I'm just trying to be cautious, could anyone tell me if this would be safe to do? Thank you.

Try launching 2.4b with the Gateway card inserted, and just letting it sit. If the card isn't updated, it won't automatically launch Gateway mode, and it'll yell at you to update upon trying to start it. If it doesn't yell at you to update, and it says you need a Gateway card to launch Gateway mode, then there's an issue with your card.

Did ya break it? Is it a clone?

jdmvitz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try launching 2.4b with the Gateway card inserted, and just letting it sit. If the card isn't updated, it won't automatically launch Gateway mode, and it'll yell at you to update upon trying to start it. If it doesn't yell at you to update, and it says you need a Gateway card to launch Gateway mode, then there's an issue with your card.

Did ya break it? Is it a clone?

Thanks for the reply. I tried this on 2.4b and I just got a black screen that hung for minutes. I hard rebooted and tried again and it works fine, even the diagnostic works now. I'm not sure what happened. I found a picture comparison of a clone card and a real one and my card looks like the real card, so I think it would be safe at this point to format my emuNAND and update via system settings?

Reactions: Huntereb

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States
...so I think it would be safe at this point to format my emuNAND and update via system settings?

Format, then backup your nand. Then you can update. Just make sure it says "GW3D 4.x.x" as your firmware version in the settings application before updating. If it doesn't have "GW3D", then you're on your System Nand.

Reactions: jdmvitz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F