Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Got this email back from Gateway:

25tdm49.jpg

It seems you get an almost immediate answer when you show them that you've made a video or review. I sent them two copies of this. One had the links and one didn't. I got the one with the links responded to and the one without hasn't come back yet. So, multi-ROM and NAND saving are guaranteed, as well as the confirmation about Gateway working with 32GB SDHC and below as asked on this thread. 64GB SDXC and 7.0 patches, however, are NOT guaranteed.

That's fine to me as there's no titles coming out for the 3DS that will require 7.0 anytime soon and I really don't know anyone with a 64GB MicroSD card.

Reactions: Saxer and cateater1

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It seems you get an almost immediate answer when you show them that you've made a video or review.

LOL I actually had the same situation. A first time I sent to them a email requesting something, then I asked a completely different thing and I also gave them a mirror link for their GW1.2 (when their only link was down) and they replied me only this second email.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
First they said "before christmas", now it's "around christmas" :D

yeah well I don't bother waiting as soon as its polished well, like the bad saving shit is getting me nervous sometimes, let them do their job, it'll only be better if we don't be stupid kidos waiting for our candies...

I'm curious about how multirom will be done, It'd be damn sexy if games were displayed from the 3DS GUI like e-shop games...

Reactions: MichiS97

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious about how multirom will be done, It'd be damn sexy if games were displayed from the 3DS GUI like e-shop games...

I heard it's going to be drag and drop, at least as far as putting games on the SD card. Something tells me it's going to be a part of the Gateway menu for "Select Game" or something.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I heard it's going to be drag and drop, at least as far as putting games on the SD card. Something tells me it's going to be a part of the Gateway menu for "Select Game" or something.

Yeah they said by themselves that it was going to be drag and drop, but around the display none is known, as you I think it'd be displayed through the Gateway menu, but I'm wondering if it could not be displayed via the 3DS GUI like e-shop games, I kinda hope it'll be like this, it'd be very neat, but i'd be satisfied with the other solution though...

justinkb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I highly doubt it could be integrated into the 3DS GUI. If you look closely at the cartridge icon, you'll see it actually has a cartridge form factor-esque border around it. I doubt they'll be able to have the 3DS display more than one of these 'special' 'physical cart' icons.

Mr_Pichu

かわいいね!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sure the Gateway team will take their time, as they want their customers to have a trouble free experience. This next update is a bit tricky because it looks like it will require the FPGA to be reprogrammed. I can just see the posts about bricked Gateway cards. If they can add support for 7 in emuNAND that is just icing on the cake. I sure hope they get a handle on a way to slow down support on the clone cards.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I am sure the Gateway team will take their time, as they want their customers to have a trouble free experience. This next update is a bit tricky because it looks like it will require the FPGA to be reprogrammed. I can just see the posts about bricked Gateway cards. If they can add support for 7 in emuNAND that is just icing on the cake. I sure hope they get a handle on a way to slow down support on the clone cards.

Why could someone brick a Gateway with the FPGA update?
Serious question, I haven't had a flashcart that had required an update other than for its OS.

MooseHead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm a stupid impatient fool and I updated my newly-acquired 3DS from 4.1 to 7.0, purely to access the eShop without knowing the whole emuNAND thing is working pretty well currently.
Is there reason to expect a 7.0-compatible flashcard in the future or is it possible to somehow downgrade the firmware?
Should I just cut my losses and get another 3DS?

I'm new to all this, so I'm sorry if my question has an obvious answer.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So I'm a stupid impatient fool and I updated my newly-acquired 3DS from 4.1 to 7.0, purely to access the eShop without knowing the whole emuNAND thing is working pretty well currently.
Is there reason to expect a 7.0-compatible flashcard in the future or is it possible to somehow downgrade the firmware?
Should I just cut my losses and get another 3DS?

I'm new to all this, so I'm sorry if my question has an obvious answer.

Get a new 3DS, there are no more existent solutions.

gha_razor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
May I ask, does the eShop title ROM that released by BigBlueBox is working in gateway?
they are releasing demo games and other, and I hope they will release Phoenix Wright soon ^_^

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
May I ask, does the eShop title ROM that released by BigBlueBox is working in gateway?
they are releasing demo games and other, and I hope they will release Phoenix Wright soon ^_^

eShop ROM? there's no such a thing, at least not on 3ds.essh.co nor on inforush

hypertek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got my gateway in today, and updated emunand to 7.0, system otherwise is 4.4.. Played a few back ups, now I have a question. I currently have only 1 micro sd card (32gb), hoping they bust out multi rom support in the next update. But for now, I want to try out different roms. How can I backup my saves from the micro sd?? I am running windows 7 64bit if that helps. I originally used win32 disk imager per gateway instructions to create the micro sd card, but i just want to know how to get my saves off it so I can wipe the micro sd and put something else on it.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
got my gateway in today, and updated emunand to 7.0, system otherwise is 4.4.. Played a few back ups, now I have a question. I currently have only 1 micro sd card (32gb), hoping they bust out multi rom support in the next update. But for now, I want to try out different roms. How can I backup my saves from the micro sd?? I am running windows 7 64bit if that helps. I originally used win32 disk imager per gateway instructions to create the micro sd card, but i just want to know how to get my saves off it so I can wipe the micro sd and put something else on it.

Plug the SD to your computer and copy those files with .SAV extension.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Plug the SD to your computer and copy those files with .SAV extension.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    mthrnite @ mthrnite: and old ass prog like atomic rooster and gentle giant