Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.7 beta - Latest emunand (10.3) support for New 3DS

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I probably sound like the biggest idiot by asking, but I only just returned to the 3ds scene about a few weeks ago, I guess I still have a lot of catching up to do. XD

I've heard a lot about coldboot. And from what I'm aware of, it simply boots GW/CFW right off the bat without going to HBL, etc etc.

If that's the case, where do I sign? ...and how do I do it? >.<

Reactions: MrJason005

Duckbuster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can cold boot int emuNAND? Where is a guide for such a thing?
You need to setup menuhax on your sysnand. That can autoboot into homebrew launcher from coldboot, you can replace boot.3dsx with GW.3dsx.
Or you can use a boot menu with menuhax (like CtrBootManager or BootCtr) that autoboots GW.3dsx but can also still boot other things by means of menu or button combinations.

SirByte

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't read through all pages so this may have already been reported, but 9.6 emunand works as well with this update, it's not limited to just 10.3, I have been updating my n3DS emunand then saving it and injecting 9.5 back.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't read through all pages so this may have already been reported, but 9.6 emunand works as well with this update, it's not limited to just 10.3, I have been updating my n3DS emunand then saving it and injecting 9.5 back.

Now thats an interesting thing to do, thanks for the confirmation.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright - 9.2 sysNAND, 9.5 emuNAND here. If I update my emuNAND to 10.3 do I just use the same methods of launching GW I have been (CN) or should I use the HB method with gw.3dsx instead?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright - 9.2 sysNAND, 9.5 emuNAND here. If I update my emuNAND to 10.3 do I just use the same methods of launching GW I have been (CN) or should I use the HB method with gw.3dsx instead?
Since you are on 9.2 you could use the hb coldboot method to load emunand faster but you would have to load sysnand if you want to play any original nintendo ds games.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who feels the 3ds' potential is at or very near its peak? There's no longer a feature that says 'WOW' anymore (multirom, Online functionality, emunand, cia installation, cold booting, 7.x keys, etc.), just a bunch of minor ones that slightly enhance the 3ds experience (emunand updates, language changing, dlc patching, themes, etc). They aren't game changers, but are nice to have.

I really wish all this effort could diffuse somewhere where it's desperately needed (PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox1/PS4). The 3ds well is drying up faster then the California gold rush. Nintendo NX probably will require you to connect to their servers every 10 minutes and scan your retina, fingerprints and dental records every hour unless the console explodes because of how badly the 3ds is getting raped.

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
What?
You can cold boot int emuNAND? Where is a guide for such a thing?
I probably sound like the biggest idiot by asking, but I only just returned to the 3ds scene about a few weeks ago, I guess I still have a lot of catching up to do. XD

I've heard a lot about coldboot. And from what I'm aware of, it simply boots GW/CFW right off the bat without going to HBL, etc etc.

If that's the case, where do I sign? ...and how do I do it? >.<

http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-gateway-ctrbootmanager-setup-auto-boot.407660/

Last edited by Varia,

metaljay

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive just done the same thing, I installed menuhax and made it so auto boots into gateway emunand - problem is it makes your boot take much longer (plus you see all the glitchy verbose screens). In the end I just prefer to boot via the DS profile as its neater (yes I know it technically takes longer) but it's more elegant haha

Reactions: TheShadowRunner

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since you are on 9.2 you could use the hb coldboot method to load emunand faster but you would have to load sysnand if you want to play any original nintendo ds games.
Ive just done the same thing, I installed menuhax and made it so auto boots into gateway emunand - problem is it makes your boot take much longer (plus you see all the glitchy verbose screens). In the end I just prefer to boot via the DS profile as its neater (yes I know it technically takes longer) but it's more elegant haha
Same. Also using MSET (launch via the DS profile) doesn't trigger the "3D bug" on N3DS when emunand boots.

Thanks guys, so it seems all the old methods still work. I prefer using the CN method to GW (Not HB) menu. I'm backing up my emuNAND before update just in case so going to be giving it a try here in the next few minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hmmm interesting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking bottled sodas priced more stupid than 12 packs
    yooo might try taht frostie one
    order it onlinen if i have to.