Hacking Gateway 3DS 3.7 beta - Latest emunand (10.3) support for New 3DS

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
CFW can support region patching, though it's only useful for cartridge games (Since making .cias region-free and fw spoofed takes no effort).

As of now, the only features that GW has over CFW are .3DS support (Which I see no use for. Some people enjoy not installing .cias, but I don't have enough games for that to matter) and cheat support (Again, not something I'd use).
gw lets you play games without installing, = without having illegitimate tickets on your system - like sky3ds. (nintendo could potentially ban us for having illegal tickets, just an idea)
gw lets us spoof the langauge (i think this is possible with ntr)
gw lets us use cheats, search for cheats, make ram dumps, all on the device. (no need for wifi and a computer to make cheats with ntr)
you say this "As of now, the only features that GW has over CFW are .3DS support" but rule out the other advantages.features because you don't care about them (installing and cheats)
gw has the best region free (i didn't think it would be that hard to make region free to be honest, maybe rxtools improved theirs recently)

but yes... it sucks because you have to pay for it ;) lol
if you want the best solution, pay

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think with this site it actually matters who's done it first since most people seem to follow that sort of mentality. However, fair is fair. People reverse engineered Gateway's launcher and as a result we have a free option now and Gatwway has done the same by stealing the keys from those who worked on bringing emunand on N3DS to the latest firmware.

D

Deleted User

Is anyone having problems connecting to the update server on their consoles? Mine has no tubehax on sysnand or emunand, router works, but everything else fails. The internet works on all my other devices.

Fixed it by removing and adding my network again..?

Last edited by ,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
maybe, if i started my 3ds journey now, maybe i wouldn't buy gw because the currently solutions are 'good enough', especially for the price of $0.00
but because i got my gw soon after piracy was enabled for the 3ds, it was the only solution, so i had to pay.
and because i have my gw now it means i have the best solution for me now :)
but i wouldn't be hating on gw lol. i would just accept that i'm cheap

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, does it matter that the 3dsx file wasn't updated? booting 3.6.2 and updates fail.

I'm an idiot. nevermind I'll see myself out

Last edited by TreyTrent,

VerseHell

Trophies
XP
Country
France
So, does it matter that the 3dsx file wasn't updated? booting 3.6.2 and updates fail.

I presume I'll screw myself if I go to 10.3 (using the JAN 15 launcher.dat) and try to boot with 3.6.2 (DEC 24 GW.3dsx), right?

FFS they took 3 days to copy someones work and you didn't even do it correctly!

Do you use the tubehax dns or anything that can block updates?

xIce101x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe, if i started my 3ds journey now, maybe i wouldn't buy gw because the currently solutions are 'good enough', especially for the price of $0.00
but because i got my gw soon after piracy was enabled for the 3ds, it was the only solution, so i had to pay.
and because i have my gw now it means i have the best solution for me now :)
but i wouldn't be hating on gw lol. i would just accept that i'm cheap
Same here. I've had gateway since it only loaded one game per microsd. If I didn't have one I'd go with free options, but they do have the most feature rich public CFW on the 3DS at this point in time.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

I presume I'll screw myself if I go to 10.3 (using the JAN 15 launcher.dat) and try to boot with 3.6.2 (DEC 24 GW.3dsx), right?

FFS they took 3 days to copy someones work and you didn't even do it correctly!
you expect them to be lurking on rei the second the update comes out, and do it as fast as the can? or, you think gw spent 72 hours on this? lol
no problem if you use the old 3dsx, at worst you would simply have to replace it with the newer one. so no 'screwing myself'...
but i expect the 3dsx simply boots the .dat file, you need it still with the 3dsx so it shouldn't really matter.
i used the 3dsx to boot an older launcher.dat released before gw released 3dsx booting and it worked fine

- you say you have an update problem, you mean updating the 3ds? that is not to do with gw...

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: guitarheroknight

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you expect them to be lurking on rei the second the update comes out, and do it as fast as the can? or, you think gw spent 72 hours on this? lol
no problem if you use the old 3dsx, at worst you would simply have to replace it with the newer one. so no 'screwing myself'...
but i expect the 3dsx simply boots the .dat file, you need it still with the 3dsx so it shouldn't really matter.
i used the 3dsx to boot an older launcher.dat released before gw released 3dsx booting and it worked fine

- you say you have an update problem, you mean updating the 3ds? that is not to do with gw...

It does. when I seen it was 83kb I realized it just calls the dat file to do everything.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It does. when I seen it was 83kb I realized it just calls the dat file to do everything.
yes, good :)
oh, someone should make a launcher.dat downloader/updater, via wifi. that would be a good idea i think
(i can't use micro sd management on my mac lol, i don't like having to take off my 3ds clear case, and then the face plate to get to the micro sd card)

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, someone should make a launcher.dat downloader/updater, via wifi. that would be a good idea i think
(i can't use micro sd management on my mac lol, i don't like having to take off my 3ds clear case, and then the face plate to get to the micro sd card)

what about the homebrew ftp app?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
gw lets you play games without installing, = without having illegitimate tickets on your system - like sky3ds. (nintendo could potentially ban us for having illegal tickets, just an idea)
gw lets us spoof the langauge (i think this is possible with ntr)
gw lets us use cheats, search for cheats, make ram dumps, all on the device. (no need for wifi and a computer to make cheats with ntr)
you say this "As of now, the only features that GW has over CFW are .3DS support" but rule out the other advantages.features because you don't care about them (installing and cheats)
gw has the best region free (i didn't think it would be that hard to make region free to be honest, maybe rxtools improved theirs recently)

but yes... it sucks because you have to pay for it ;) lol
if you want the best solution, pay

Funny how no one complained when they introduced the downgrade feature, I guess they must have leeched that from somewhere else too right? :rolleyes:

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... What? They have .3DS support and cheats... That's about it (And hell, NTR supports cheats).
Well we all know you're just saying this because you can't afford a gateway. When one doesn't have the means of getting the best, often times they trick themselves into thinking their method is the best. (Look at Sexbox vs Playstation [in terms of hardware]).

TL;DR, someone can't afford a Gateway, so they're lying to themselves to make themselves feel better.

Also, .3DS support is a HUGE reason in itself to buy one. That's a HUGE thing.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
what about the homebrew ftp app?
i use ftp a lot for stuff but with my 3ds, it doesn't seem to be very stable.
i can try a different ftp client on my computer though :)

- i realized why ftp wasn't working for me, my computer and 3ds were connected to different networks... lol
it's fine now :)

Last edited by cearp,

TreyTrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I think it should display the version in the splashscreen myself. I think after an emunand update (say using an older launcher) just updating the launcher.dat file would work to boot. but on N3DS you need to disassemble at that point because emunand won't boot and the SD card is held in by screws! I use the microSD card app but it needs windows to work right. SMB/CIFS no go in unix.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as cfw is concerned i would love to see a .3ds/.3dz loader but that is most likely impossible due to those being slot 1 based i'm assuming. That and people would probably think what is the point because of .cia files.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: