Status
Not open for further replies.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know Ive been wondering the same question.. My guess is that you backup your emunand with the emunand tool, copy all the data from the SD card to the PC, Insert the SD card into the N3DS, format emunand, inject the backed up emunand, copy everything from the SD back to it and boot into emunand with all your .cias working.

This is my theory and it may be a bunch of BS as far as I know so if someone with more knowledge can confirm if this stands it would be awesome.

Already answered here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-to-emunand-system-transfer-sucessful.378549/

There's also a thread about blocking Nintendo's update servers but I couldn't find it.

EDIT: I should mention that a system transfer with installed CIA's will not work. You will need a backup of your Sysnand before you unlinked AND before you installed any unpurchased CIA's. I have two SD cards for just this reason - One without installed CIA's so I can get to the eShop and one with installed CIA's for gaming.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Already answered here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/emunand-to-emunand-system-transfer-sucessful.378549/

There's also a thread about blocking Nintendo's update servers but I couldn't find it.

EDIT: I should mention that a system transfer with installed CIA's will not work. You will need a backup of your Sysnand before you unlinked AND before you installed any unpurchased CIA's. I have two SD cards for just this reason - One without installed CIA's so I can get to the eShop and one with installed CIA's for gaming.

So you cant transfer the system manually, youll need an internet connection for that?

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you cant transfer the system manually, youll need an internet connection for that?

System Transfer requires a net connection and that both systems be on the latest firmware. EmuNAND it's not an issue, but SysNAND you can see there is. I was also wondering if we could backup our emuNAND from System 1, create new emuNAND on System 2 and then restore emuNAND from backup to System 2. I'm not sure how that would work but I can't see any harm in trying if you've done a backup. I'll be sure to try it once I get my N3DS!

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
System Transfer requires a net connection and that both systems be on the latest firmware. EmuNAND it's not an issue, but SysNAND you can see there is. I was also wondering if we could backup our emuNAND from System 1, create new emuNAND on System 2 and then restore emuNAND from backup to System 2. I'm not sure how that would work but I can't see any harm in trying if you've done a backup. I'll be sure to try it once I get my N3DS!
Encryption is console specific so I don't think that will work. As you said with everything backed up it shouldn't hurt to try.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sadly I dont have two consoles but reinstalling the games is not a problem. My biggest problem are the saves. Is there any way to backup them and use them on a different console? Im asking because Ive recently started playing Fantasy Life and Ive got like 5 hours of game time - im guessing Im gonna have 10x this much until GW releases the next update.

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

comp1demon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Jap New 3ds today.. I know there is no new 3ds support yet.. but it is 9.1.0-J SO that is good.

Is there a way to set the menus to english?

thorasgar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. What I did was install the .cia game first, then the update and then the save.

EDIT: Is it because of the SD Card? My old one is a Toshiba as the new one is a Kingston.
I know you need at least a 4gb Sd for smash. The brand shouldn't make a difference if the card is functional. Try loading up the save before doing the update and see if that works. Not trying to run you through unnecessary work, but you need to try something. Is everything else working fine except for this?

andzalot55

I'm very delicious. mmmm.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know you need at least a 4gb Sd for smash. The brand shouldn't make a difference if the card is functional. Try loading up the save before doing the update and see if that works. Not trying to run you through unnecessary work, but you need to try something. Is everything else working fine except for this?

Alright I'll try to re install the game before installing the update... after installing Pokemon AS.

EDIT: It didn;t work.

Z4n7h3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Jap New 3ds today.. I know there is no new 3ds support yet.. but it is 9.1.0-J SO that is good.

Is there a way to set the menus to english?

Nope! Figured that out the hard way as well. Which sucks but my wife helps me occasionally since she knows some Japanese when I have a few notifications to make sure I do not update the system accidentally.

vivawiredd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to downgrade a 2DS on 9.4.0?

Also, can I have an estimate for when the Gateway cards will support 9.4. I'm new at this and I didn't know that it wasn't wise to upgrade the firmware.

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
gateway support up to firmware 9.2, if you are on 9.4 you have to buy a sky/qq or sell your console and buy another one.

support for 9.2 > is unknown

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to downgrade a 2DS on 9.4.0?

Also, can I have an estimate for when the Gateway cards will support 9.4. I'm new at this and I didn't know that it wasn't wise to upgrade the firmware.

Gateway has issues running roms from red card on a 2DS anyway. (cia installs work fine tho IF you can get devmenu/bbm to run from red card first!) Just sell the console and get a 3DS XL.
I have an XL and a 2DS and the gateway red card read error issue on the 2DS makes it not worth bothering IMHO.
I'm still wondering if this is the issue with N3DS support and no one is telling...

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
am i the only one on 3.0.3 has to delete cookies every time i want to load emunand? this is getting annoying

is there an issue if i go back to 3.0? ( putting the launcher on the sd card)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-