Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Why would you play pokemon on gameyob when you can play all the remakes on ds anyway?

this question can start a lot of pogyfagz flamewar...

I don't know how to explain why i like to play the old games, i had enjoyed all the Pokemon games (except the x and y) the original games are the original.. they do have something special.. and i played them in my childhood. i really like the remakes and they are good but the originals can be a lot funnier...

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't say that I've played every game in the library, but among my 130+ games I dont remember any being buggy or unplayable (anymore). theres some slowdown on the more taxing gbc games, like airforce delta 2 and on a bunch of games that try to use speech effects, but other than that, they all play fine. with saves and savestates.
i honestly cant believe you having so many problems with this compared to lameboy. it sounds like you're using a version from two years ago or something, when there were things that really required fixing.

as for playing pokemon on gameyob... theres no red/blue/yellow remake on the ds so far. and pokemon crystal is still one of the best games in the series. theres also a few good hacks, like pokemon brown.
by your logic, there'd be no need for emulation since theres probably a distant offspring of all these games on the ds.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no, the answers were directed at those that concerned them. the guy asking why one woul play pokemon in gameyob and the one who was talking about lameboy being better than gameyob

Synthemesc93

Trophies
XP
Country
So I have a bit of a newb question. I've been playing Pokemon Red for a while using Gameyob, but I noticed my cart wasn't running DS roms properly. So I copied everything off my microSD, formatted it and put it all back on (it hasn't changed a thing, but what can you do). I then went to continue with Pokemon Red, and noticed my save is no longer there, I checked and the sav file is still there. Is there anything I can do to fix this or have I screwed myself?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So I have a bit of a newb question. I've been playing Pokemon Red for a while using Gameyob, but I noticed my cart wasn't running DS roms properly. So I copied everything off my microSD, formatted it and put it all back on (it hasn't changed a thing, but what can you do). I then went to continue with Pokemon Red, and noticed my save is no longer there, I checked and the sav file is still there. Is there anything I can do to fix this or have I screwed myself?

Make sure that the save file has the same name as the game or load it as a save state and welcome to the forums!

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
This is hands-down the best Gameboy emulator out there for DS, and I'm running the latest build from GIT without any snags. Keep up the good work. I love that I can add custom SGB borders too, they look sick when playing older black&white games. :D Even if this project gets abandoned now, it's nearly perfect as it is. We thank you Drenn, for this epic emulator, and your hard work. :)

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This is hands-down the best Gameboy emulator out there for DS, and I'm running the latest build from GIT without any snags. Keep up the good work. I love that I can add custom SGB borders too, they look sick when playing older black&white games. :D Even if this project gets abandoned now, it's nearly perfect as it is. We thank you Drenn, for this epic emulator, and your hard work. :)

how do you get last version from GIT? it is 0.5?

i really hope this emulator gets better, i do have slighty issues which i'd like improved..

Autism Gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These are made as a celebration for Retro Game Challenge 2 English Patch.

Modified to fit the GB screen ratio .

Game Computer Mini.PNG
Game Computer Mini Color.PNG
Television.PNG

Attachments

• Game Computer Mini.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 348
  • Game Computer Mini Color.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 393
  • Television.bmp
    96.1 KB · Views: 291

RyanWW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks alot. This is perfect, just missing GBA ADV now, which is a slight shame, but still really good.

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acquire a NDS lite/phat buy a EZ-Flash 3in1 Expansion pack now you can play all the GBA you want with boarders if you use WoodR4

I have a DSTwo and a EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion pack, but I remember having a bit of trouble trying to use Exploader. When it wanted to work, it worked fine, when it didn't, it would freeze up constantly.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a DSTwo and a EZ-Flash 3-in-1 Expansion pack, but I remember having a bit of trouble trying to use Exploader. When it wanted to work, it worked fine, when it didn't, it would freeze up constantly.
format your sd card it's a sector issue use the panasonic sd formatter with full (overwrite) option selected to get it up and running properly also certain versions of gbaexploader is for certain revisions of the 3in1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Dumpflam, Report it or contact staff.