Homebrew Emulation GameYob, a gameboy emulator for DS

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently tried Toy Story Racer, and the tiles are glitching a little bit during the race and character select.
Other than that, it runs without problems.

chadderbox77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a quick question, and I'm sorry if this has been answered before but I have not seen it. Is there any way to colorize my gameboy original games like they are on Goomba? or is there a way to get goomba on the dstwo? I can't find an answer for this anywhere, and was hoping I could do this with Gameyob.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what exactly does the printer emulation do? is it just like gba mode in telling the game a printer is there, even if it isnt? is there a game that required the printer thats compatible now?

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what exactly does the printer emulation do? is it just like gba mode in telling the game a printer is there, even if it isnt? is there a game that required the printer thats compatible now?

It's just a fun little extra. Games can print things to .bmp files. The Pokemon Trading Card Game is a good example.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ah, I see, so thats what it does, interesting.

I'm not sure if I've asked that before or not, I feel like I might've, but do you think that something like live cheat code input could ever be a thing in gameyob? like just a small menu with the numbers 0-9 and A-F and a codeline or two where you enter a code thats just applied to the ram for the session? somewhat like those old timey password screens.
i feel like that would make a nice supplement to the cheat file system.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ah, I see, so thats what it does, interesting.

I'm not sure if I've asked that before or not, I feel like I might've, but do you think that something like live cheat code input could ever be a thing in gameyob? like just a small menu with the numbers 0-9 and A-F and a codeline or two where you enter a code thats just applied to the ram for the session? somewhat like those old timey password screens.
i feel like that would make a nice supplement to the cheat file system.

Someone asked that before, not sure who. I'll probably implement that at some point.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just tried the game Airforce Delta (GBC) and it consistently runs at only 30fps, 55-58 at speed toggle. Is it just too hard to emulate, or is this some kind of bug?
and the same seems to be true for Aladdin (GBC too), but only until for the intro and start menu. After that it seems to struggle to stay at 60fps though

Ulieq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you you really notice 30fps on a gameboy game? I thought games were limited to like 24/30fps back in the 90s?

What I'm really waiting for is Star Ocean Blue Sphere...god will someone pleeeeeeeease finish the translation :-(

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just tried the game Airforce Delta (GBC) and it consistently runs at only 30fps, 55-58 at speed toggle. Is it just too hard to emulate, or is this some kind of bug?
and the same seems to be true for Aladdin (GBC too), but only until for the intro and start menu. After that it seems to struggle to stay at 60fps though

I haven't tested yet, but you should check to make sure that the "wait for vblank" option is disabled in the debug settings. Games which don't run at full speed will drop down to 30 fps when this option is enabled.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I haven't tested yet, but you should check to make sure that the "wait for vblank" option is disabled in the debug settings. Games which don't run at full speed will drop down to 30 fps when this option is enabled.

I've noticed this myself the oracle series doesn't run well with wait for vblank option the fps are all choppy but they run perfectly fine without the wait for vblank option on

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hm, so when wait for vblank is off, its running at the 55-58 fps it did using the speed toggle before, and speed toggle doesnt work anymore. so its basically auto speed toggling then?

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hm, so when wait for vblank is off, its running at the 55-58 fps it did using the speed toggle before, and speed toggle doesnt work anymore. so its basically auto speed toggling then?

Speed toggle disables the "wait for vblank" option, among other things. It doesn't work anymore because it can't go any faster than that. Needs a bit more optimizing.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to make it so that the SGB mode (that adds the nice graphic around the screen) works with regular GBC mode?

You just turn on SGB borders, and set the emulator to GBC mode, works fine for me playing Zelda DX, Pokemon Pinball, etc.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think one of these days, you should change the initial directory from /Lameboy to /Gameyob.
With how superior this has become, still having a lameboy folder feels kinda silly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet