Homebrew GameYob 3DS - GB/C emu

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yeah it would be great if you could take a look at the graphical issues with Donkey Kong or The Smurfs and the "HELP" sound not playing in Donkey Kong. Perhaps these issues would fix some issues with other games not in the compatibility list yet as well.
Thanks for your hard work!

the_muteKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The help sound is unlikely to be implemented (it's one of those bits that's played through the SNES sound hardware rather than the SGB's)

Fatalanus

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I tried Robocop 1 and 2 and those games doensn't worked here. :)
Good to see you back on the ring, Dreen and SteveIce!

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The help sound is unlikely to be implemented (it's one of those bits that's played through the SNES sound hardware rather than the SGB's)

I didn't know that... But these sounds are working in the DS Version of gameyob if I recall correctly. Wouldn't it be possible to somehow port the emulation of the SNES sound chip over to the 3DS version??

the_muteKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're not in Super GB mode in either version of GameYob, you'll get sound there. It won't sound like "Help!" but it might be the sound you're thinking of. The "Help!" samples were never working in the DS version.

XeR ッ

Not sure if i still wanna be here.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
D

Deleted User

Here's the first of game fixes. The graphical flashing in the FIFA 2000 intro should be fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

Yeah it would be great if you could take a look at the graphical issues with Donkey Kong or The Smurfs and the "HELP" sound not playing in Donkey Kong. Perhaps these issues would fix some issues with other games not in the compatibility list yet as well.
Thanks for your hard work!
What graphical issues do you have with The Smurfs? Could you possibly send a save state or something so I can reproduce the issue?
I tried Robocop 1 and 2 and those games doensn't worked here. :)
Good to see you back on the ring, Dreen and SteveIce!
Robocop 1 works for me, but I'm able to reproduce the Robocop 2 issue, so I'll attempt to fix it.
Perhaps an option to sync games to the 3ds clock (such as the Pokemon games)?
Noted.

geheim

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Here's the first of game fixes. The graphical flashing in the FIFA 2000 intro should be fixed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

What graphical issues do you have with The Smurfs? Could you possibly send a save state or something so I can reproduce the issue?

I can confirm that the flashing in Fifa 2000 is fixed. Thanks!!

Sadly "The Smurfs" isn't playable at all with this new version... The menu loads fine but if you want to start the actual game the screen remains white. I tried two different roms, so it is not a bad dump. My rom did work before with the 2015/05/23 version. I am using the cia Version on GW emuNAND 9.9 and the EUR Rom.

Drenn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sadly "The Smurfs" isn't playable at all with this new version... The menu loads fine but if you want to start the actual game the screen remains white. I tried two different roms, so it is not a bad dump. My rom did work before with the 2015/05/23 version. I am using the cia Version on GW emuNAND 9.9 and the EUR Rom.
Fix one game, break another... Classic

D

Deleted User

The Smurfs should be fixed now. FIFA 2000 will have an odd flashing white line at the top of the screen for now, but it isn't that big of an issue.

The flashing white line seems to be caused by the scanline 0 being skipped after the game re-enables the LCD at scanline 0. My previous attempt to fix it broke a few games, so I reverted it.
I think I can help with that, lcd interrupt wasn't firing. Add "checkLYC();" to line 1020 in gameboy.cpp following the "ioRam[0x44]++;"
This worked like a charm, Volley Fire is now fixed!

I also rewrote a lot of UI and input stuff internally, mainly to support an SDL-based PC version for debugging. Let me know if this causes any issues.

Link to the latest build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ms1kes4jhrb3meg/gameyob.zip?dl=0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ