Hacking GameTDB - game information database + covers

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i don't understand what you are saying with "search list" but if i go on gametdb wiisearch and put "Resident Evil 2" in title (en) or GHAE08 in ID i hwave the game page

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't understand what you are saying with "search list" but if i go on gametdb wiisearch and put "Resident Evil 2" in title (en) or GHAE08 in ID i hwave the game page

When i search "Resident Evil 2" i have to click the PAL version first. Now do you see where the "Previous/Next" links are? That's the only way i could find the NTSC-U version. The NTSC-U version simply does not show up when i search. Same with the other games i listed.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Oh, ok. I think he was using the google based search engine I have had problems finding some games before with it, too. I, myself, didn't actually know about the above search engine. I just assumed that the "wii search" option did the same thing as the google search higher up on the page. That may have been the case with him, too.

Reactions: 1 person

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, ok. I think he was using the google based search engine I have had problems finding some games before with it, too. I, myself, didn't actually know about the above search engine. I just assumed that the "wii search" option did the same thing as the google search higher up on the page. That may have been the case with him, too.

Well that appears to be the problem. I wasn't even aware there were two search engines.

GregI

Trophies
XP
Country
I was using USB Loader GX and had some missing titles. Can they be added?

This is from the text file created.

"ID","Name","ImageType"
"JAZE","Mystical Ninja","2D Cover" (The website seems to have this but USB Loader GX missed it?)
"HAGA","News Channel","2D Cover"
"JCLE","SECRET OF MANA","2D Cover"
"FB2N","SMB: The Lost Levels","2D Cover"
"PA9E","SPLATTERHOUSE","2D Cover"
"JAIE","Super Castlevania IV","2D Cover"
"JDIE","Super Star Wars","2D Cover"
"JDRJ","クロックタワー","2D Cover" (This is the Super Famicom game, Clock Tower on VC)

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else having weird downloads for the covers? Pikmin 2 and Eternal Darkness (both NTSC) downloaded PAL covers instead of NTSC covers.

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
27xlysh.png

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's awesome. Thanks.

Also has anything been looked into on my issue with the covers. I already deleted the covers for those games and they still show up the same. Also this game
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/GSMF52
Shows up like this when you download it
http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/8/548168_81068_front.jpg

Yod4z

Trophies
XP
Country
France
GSMF52 is the french PAL version of this game, if you have this game and your system are configured in english i think it's normal (the loader can't find EN cover for this game then download US cover of the same game GSME52)

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GSMF52 is the french PAL version of this game, if you have this game and your system are configured in english i think it's normal (the loader can't find EN cover for this game then download US cover of the same game GSME52)

Yeah i see i linked the wrong game id. But still i don't understand why a player's choice would be the only viable option for a NTSC-U cover. Pardon me if my OCD is annoying. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Manual charging