GameStop will be closing down over 300 of its stores this year

images.jpg

GameStop sure has managed to grab headlines lately--with their adamant stance of being labeled as an essential business, and the eventual backing down as they closed their doors days following the launch of two major game releases: Doom Eternal and Animal Crossing: New Horizons--now the brick and mortar retailer has yet another announcement to make. GameStop will permanently be closing down over 300 locations this year. A quarterly earnings report showed that the company actually managed to turn a profit this quarter, to the tune of $21 million, even though overall sales were down compared to the same timeframe in 2019. Overall, for the entire fiscal year, GameStop lost $187.7 million. This has led executives to the decision to "de-densify", by closing "around" 320 locations by the end of this year.

:arrow: Source

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Official Cables for analogue signals I have learned are better then 3rd party cables because they are properly shielded. So they get rid of any signal interference and discoloration.

Most 3rd party ones usually suck unless you buy from someone that knows what they are doing with a good electrical engineering background. Most likely business are looking for a quick buck so they make quick cheap cables to sell and sell at a cheaper price then official ones because of lower quality design. It makes official ones made by Microsoft, Sony or Nintendo look greedy by comparison unless you know how much better the cables are.

It's why official ones are highly desired over most 3rd party ones. But run for so much higher prices after they become harder to find.

For the X-Box some people are clueless or just want to get as much as they can from you, nothing you can really do about it. I've seen prices like that too and I'm like screw that I'm not doing business with you I'm looking elsewhere.

The shielding of 3rd party cables is usually pretty poor. 3rd party S-Video cables are usually pretty bad due to improper grounding between the two ends too (I think that's what the issue is). Luckily, there's people that make higher quality 3rd party cables, as I got one for SNES/N64. But it's a difference between a $6 cable and a $30 one.

The OEM original Xbox component cables are sought after because it includes an optical out jack to get digital audio/surround, and I've never seen a 3rd party cable that had the optical port on it. Why it isn't built into the console like PS2 I have no idea

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The OEM original Xbox component cables are sought after because it includes an optical out jack to get digital audio/surround, and I've never seen a 3rd party cable that had the optical port on it. Why it isn't built into the console like PS2 I have no idea
I imagine the same reason you got to buy a DVD remote if you wanted DVD playback despite it not be necessary. That being someone probably had to pay for it and thus only those that "wanted it" got it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://twitter.com/TakiUdon_/status/1784139240328310955?cxt=HBwW1sLVmfbLxMIxAAAA&cn=ZmxleGlibGVf...