Massachusetts GameStop stores closed after telling workers to sell games with bags on their hands

5534667_shutterstock_1064225363.jpg

GameStop might not be as essential as they thought, following the closure of all locations in the state of Massachusetts. The physical game retailer had adamantly claimed that it was an essential business earlier last month, refusing to close as stores across the United States shut down due to the COVID-19 outbreak. After facing pressure from local governments, GameStop eventually shut its doors, though it still allowed curbside pickups for those ordering online. But apparently, according to a memo sent to employees, acquired by the Boston Globe, GameStop workers were still selling games and being told to do so by taping plastic bags to their hands and holding games out to customers through a gap in the door.

A location in Boston managed to receive a nuisance citation for operating like this during a statewide lockdown, resulting in the city government forcing the store to finally close and send its workers home. Following that store's closure, GameStop decided to close down all locations within the state of Massachusettes.

:arrow: Source

USUKDecks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Goodbye and good riddance , Gamestop has had a long history of shady business practices (selling things that are clearly USED as NEW according to THEIR standards) among many other things and offering you a fraction of what a game/system is worth so they can jack up the resell cost... and that's just the beginning. What sucks is that all of is upper management will find jobs somewhere else and ruin THAT company or make it worse (for the customers of course)

Can't wait till the last store closes for good.

USUKDecks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Boston, one of several police states in the U.S.

This has got to stop. Too many governments are trying to control our lives, simply because of a f-ing virus. I'm pretty sure I already had COVID-19, as I was ill for two weeks in February, and yet I can't do things because if these stupid companies and governments who are restricting things like this is the Black Plague! I'm telling everyone right now, and this will cause some to give me the middle finger but I really don't care, COVID-19 is about as serious as any flu, and nothing more. The death rates affect only 2% of everyone who's ever had it globally. We need to stop panicking, and start being responsible about viruses ourselves without having the feds step in and do it for us. This is only a pandemic because people believe it is, and NOT because it is so deadly.

Frankly, I'm more worried about the mental health of others rather than COVID-19 itself! People overstocking, wearing masks, avoiding touching people who may have never had COVID-19 or already overcame it - it's all a bunch of bull. It's not going to keep you from getting it, nor is it helping anyone else from getting it. In fact, it's making it worse for the healthy! Are we so dumb that we actually can prevent catching a flu-like virus by staying home? Eventually, we'll have to go out sometime - and the virus will still be out there, waiting to infect us. We can not avoid catching COVID-19 unless we already have had it. It's a virus spread by coughing, sneezing, and by touch, and it can last for two weeks on anything. Are we cleaning off everything we buy from stores? Do we trust that food from restaurants are not infected with it? Should we avoid family members because they might have it and not even know it?

We can't avoid it spreading, but that doesn't mean we should be afraid of it. It attacks those who are already weakened - the elderly who have had multiple diseases. People of any age who have (or had) cancer, liver damage, lung damage, heart attacks, and other viruses or bacteria infestations, like AIDS, HIV, tuberculosis, polio, etc. Most importantly, the people who are living unhealthy lives right now. One person died from COVID-19, and he was sixteen. Sixteen! Why? He lives here in the United States, and eats a typical U.S. diet, with some (but probably not a lot of) exercise. If we want to survive COVID-19, we need to treat our bodies better. That means practicing self-responsibility. Even if we had diseases that weakened our immune system, it's still not too late to try and live healthier. Overstocking and hiding from people is NOT the answer - eating right, regular exercise (of any form) and treating flu-like symptoms are.

Doctors can not cure COVID-19, not even with a vaccine, but our bodies can overcome it if we do the right thing. It's even possible that if we live healthy enough, we can overcome multiple diseases at the same time! We just need to be more responsible, and less dependent on drugs, alcohol, carbos, and sedentary lifestyles.

You don't like what I'm saying? You disagree? Fine. Let there be haters. Go ahead and attack my words. This is what I believe to be right, and if any you think I'm wrong, then so be it. We agree to disagree. However, I do hope some of you consider what I'm saying to be true, and that you might be encouraged to find this out for yourselves instead of being spoon-fed the lies of the media. This is all I am going to say on the subject; from now on, I'm not going to mention anything more about COVID-19 here on GBAtemp. I'm not even going to reply to any more comments about it on here.

I do apologize for the TL;DR comment, but I felt inspired to leave this here. Oh, and by the way, no hard feelings to anyone who might have COVID-19 right now. While I am against the way it is being handled, it doesn't mean I don't care about those who do have it. I hope you overcome it soon. :)

good thing idiots and dopes are entitled to their opinions just like anybody else, otherwise you wouldn't have a way to express yourself. If you were 60+ yrs old .. I assure you YOUR tune would be different. And that's the problem... its all about you you you... typical millennial: "self worth is the only worth" garbage. And this is why the world sucks, self absorbed individualistic fucks like yourself not giving a shit about anybody else.

Last edited by USUKDecks,

ds34

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, that´s true. But I´ve been waiting to long for this game and their employees probably too

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol