Despite store closures worldwide, GameStop remains open, claiming they are "essential retail"

game-stop-sign.jpg

As GameStop struggles with relevancy within even its own target market, the company itself still believes they're essential to the daily lives of the average gamer. In a memo allegedly sent out to workers at the chain, GameStop head management stated the following: "Due to the products we carry that enable and enhance our customers' experience in working from home, we believe GameStop is classified as essential retail and therefore is able to remain open during this time."

So, if you work at a GameStop, don't think that you'll be able to get a few days off for the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. While GameStop seems adamant in maintaining that they're "essential", it appears that law enforcement has shown up at certain locations, trying to close the store, only to be informed by GameStop store managers that the video game retailer has legal documentation to prove its importance during the outbreak of a virus.

:arrow: Source

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude I don't stalk all your posts and read what you post in other threads not would anyone with any sense think that someone would or should. So throw that out, and you did not make it clear in this thread the only one I've had any conversation with you which you should have. I have no interest in continued conversation with you so welcome to ignore.

Last edited by JayMathis,

xdarkx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dude I don't stalk all your posts and read what you post in other threads not would anyone with any sense think that someone would or should. So throw that out, and you did not make it clear in this thread the only one I've had any conversation with you which you should have. I have no interest in continued conversation with you so welcome to ignore.

I don't expect everyone to follow my posts. But like I said, it's also mentioned in the post I linked. If you were to read the post I linked to, you should know.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Close that shit down. You're putting the employees there and other people visiting the store at risk.

Whenever there's a crowd and people are touching game cases that other people have touched before, they get sick (or their family members get sick indirectly through them), and that's on you, asshole! Don't encourage people to visit your shop. Everyone needs to stay home for the next 30 days.

Don't wait for a god damn decree by the government to shut down your stores during an emergency situation, it makes you look like you're a piece of shit.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Close that shit down. You're putting the employees there and other people visiting the store at risk.

Whenever there's a crowd and people are touching game cases that other people have touched before, they get sick (or their family members get sick indirectly through them), and that's on you, asshole! Don't encourage people to visit your shop. Everyone needs to stay home for the next 30 days.

Don't wait for a god damn decree by the government to shut down your stores during an emergency situation, it makes you look like you're a piece of shit.

Is that not the case normally? Someone coughs and splutters on a case and it gets transferred. Is this so very different?

Reactions: CallmeBerto

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time to go dumpster diving.

G.S. Could be considered essential if you were going there to get a copy of Trauma Center to train yourself for this crisis. (tongue firmly in cheek) As far as Hostpitals being safer? That no guarantee either, I can't get a (safe) distraction at a hosp. but I can at G.S. I am much more likely to pick up a thriving case of M.e.r.s.a. (contagion) at a hospital than a Gamestop, making it a safe(r) choice.
Lesson here? Go to game stop for 5 min to pick up a phone ordered game curbside and go the hell home.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They said in their alleged meeting that they'll have to file Chapter 11 if their stores close for a week. Considering how dirty, desperate, and nasty they were; I imagine it was probably very hard. lol.

Maybe they should get a CEO who's not an inept moron to run the company.

Reactions: tabzer

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Maybe they should get a CEO who's not an inept moron to run the company.
Haha, maybe. I think managing any retail franchise must be difficult with internet shopping undercutting profits all the time. It's time that Gamestop dies or re-purposes itself to fit the modern age. Also, it'd be great if CEOs didn't have an "over everyone else's dead body" approach.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch