Games of the Month: October 2011

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I wonder what it's like to be a "hardcore" Pokemon fan at times. To actually anticipate a game like this.
I consider myself a Pokemon fan, and I don’t give a shit about this game. Maybe a few people like these pkmn spinoffs... but most of the pkmn "hardcore" fanbase (like the one that you will find at smogon university) doesn’t care about this shitty game. The most appealing things for a hardcore longtime pokemon fan are the pkmn metagame and the nostalgia feel of the main rpg series.

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Removed Dr. Lautrec (It was supposed to be out in November, but now it's delayed to December)
Here's the code if you need it next time:
Code:
[h][b]Dr. Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights[/b][/h]

[b]Platform:[/b] 3DS
[b]Developed by:[/b] Konami?
[b]Published by:[/b] Konami
[b]Release date:[/b] October 18th (North America)
[b]Genre:[/b] Puzzle
[b]My Hype Level:[/b] Not Professor Layton but I still don't care
[b]GBAtemp Hype Level:[/b] Hype has gone down

[img]http://wiimedia.ign.com/wii/image/object/095/095583/dr_l_f1boxart_160w.jpg[/img]
[p= ]I haven't really followed this game (well, any 3DS game for that matter) but this at first struck me as a Professor Layton rip off. Apparently it's not, it's some sort of RPG/puzzle game. What this extends to is beyond me (whether it's like my beloved Puzzle Quest or just some "Puzzler with RPG elements"), but it's a somewhat big name release in a rather scarce desert of releases for the system.
[/p]

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All Kirby for me, I still remember going to get the first GB game in the store when it was new. I have enough versions of Tetris that I'll pass. Now if they were to remake Tetris 3D from the VB days, that might be worth a look...

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kirby, Layton, Corpse Party (TAKE ALL MY MONEY) and the Nanashi no Game translation (it's not on the list, but who cares, should be out this month, right?) are must plays for me and I'm going to at least try FF Type-0. (Although I'll probably get stuck after an hour of gameplay or so like usually in Japanese games)
If I get my PS3 fixed I'll have to play Peer Review as well. Good month for gaming
biggrin.gif

Saken

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dear people that believe 50 characters is not enough for UT,

Do you really want to play as the most useless characters ever, such as Cui, Freiza soldier, King Cold, King Vegeta, the random guy that gave Goku his energy(for Spirit bomb, briefly shown on screen)... etc.?

1. They all suck, and i find it is not enjoyable at all to play with characters that are sloppy and slow

2. These characters all use probably at most 1 move in the entire series, so coming up with a move list becomes stupid as it's not even canon.

3. Less characters = more time spent developing key characters... more moves, attack combinations etc. (from what i've seen the attack combinations are the same but executed differently... depressing)

Just thought i'd chuck in that character creation is a good concept, but i wanna see original faces etc. not Goku's face with vegeta's hair stuck on him with Brolly's body... (not to mention no unique moves, can't wait to see all the broken/overpowered moves on one character online)

Sincerely,
Common sense.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Saken said:

Do you really want to play as the most useless characters ever, such as Cui, Freiza soldier, King Cold, King Vegeta, the random guy that gave Goku his energy(for Spirit bomb, briefly shown on screen)... etc.?

1. They all suck, and i find it is not enjoyable at all to play with characters that are sloppy and slow

2. These characters all use probably at most 1 move in the entire series, so coming up with a move list becomes stupid as it's not even canon.

3. Less characters = more time spent developing key characters... more moves, attack combinations etc. (from what i've seen the attack combinations are the same but executed differently... depressing)

Just thought i'd chuck in that character creation is a good concept, but i wanna see original faces etc. not Goku's face with vegeta's hair stuck on him with Brolly's body... (not to mention no unique moves, can't wait to see all the broken/overpowered moves on one character online)

Sincerely,
Common sense.

The more characters the better.
The only fun thing about the DBZ fighting games was fighting your buddy and both of you hit random and see who you got.
God damn that's fun.
Can't do that with few characters, it just gets fucking lame quick.
Budokai Tenkaichi 3 was the best ever.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saken said:

Sincerely,
Common sense.
Exactly.

Though they did (for some reason) add Cui.

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
What No binding of isaac, that game kicked so much ass. Was only released a few days ago and I've beaten it like 5 times. I lovvvvve that game.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Get inside me Dark Souls. I NEED IT INSIDE ME.

Demon's Souls is one of the greatest gaming experiences of this entire generation. It is one of the deepest, most challenging, and most intelligent games of this gen. Dark Souls is going to be even better.

UnoAphex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
machomuu said:
UnoAphex said:
What No binding of isaac, that game kicked so much ass. Was only released a few days ago and I've beaten it like 5 times. I lovvvvve that game.
That was a September release, this is October.

Do you enjoy pissing me off or something? Just curious anyway
I would consider Binding of Isaac to be an october release because it was released at the end of september, Can't really call something the game of the month for the month it was released when it was released at the end of the month. So by that logic you could just simply ignore games.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
Kirby and Dark Souls have looked good, and have gotten good reviews (which usually means nothing).

I have heard TERRIBLE things about the Tetris for 3DS, and I really hope they are all wrong.

All the other games I don't give a rats ass about. Battlefield 3 is a trashware FPS. And RAGE is a failed attempt at a good IP from id. I think they were supposed to go console then handheld not the other way around!!!

Next comes Square Enix's Final Fantasy series. No words will ever describe the hatred I have for where this series has gone. You're are killing my childhood Square Enix, MY CHILDHOOD!?! It seems like they are crapping out titles nowadays, and they were once upon a time pieces of art. Prove me wrong, show us Japan can make a next-gen RPG. DO IT! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Dragon Ball Z games are always good to look forward to
smile.gif
, excited for the new one. And yet I wish they would bring back the ol' RPG series they made for the GBA. Dragon Ball Z: The Legacy of Goku. If they remade that for the 3DS, I would be very happy.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnoAphex said:
october release because it was released at the end of september

Then it's a September release because it was released in September.

I skipped July, August, and September due to just complete forgetfulness, so I missed that game. Sorry, but shit happens. I didn't see it on my release lists (I also hardly do PC games since there's a ton of them coming out all the time and listing every meaningful one for the month would take up an entire thread) and therefore it got the cut, sorry, but that's final.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
I just got Dark Souls trying it now. So far pretty awesome, much more in depth character creation then I expected
smile.gif

Also got Warhammer 40000 Space Marine, I find it to be pretty good, not as good as Gears of War 3 but definitely a great game. So much is coming out in the next few months. Idk how I am going to survive.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
UnoAphex said:
machomuu said:
UnoAphex said:
That was a September release, this is October.

Do you enjoy pissing me off or something? Just curious anyway
I would consider Binding of Isaac to be an october release because it was released at the end of september, Can't really call something the game of the month for the month it was released when it was released at the end of the month. So by that logic you could just simply ignore games.

Are you stupid or do you just enjoy wasting space with your postcount+1 crap.
It's a september-fucking-release. This is also a very un-thorough list since Guild doesn't have time to scour the internet for every single good release in a month.
Why does it matter at ALL if it's mentioned on this list?

----

Got Dark Souls.
Played it for about 13 or so hours at least so far. About to play more. So. Fucking. Hard.
Especially trying to figure out where to go. That confused the crap outta me. Up to ringing the first bell is obvious, after that you're completely alone to go accidentally run into 1000ft tall 10 headed hydras that shoot water balls the size of new jersey at you.

EDIT: Going to need wall repair kits soon. Smashing controller into wall. Fuck. The. Capra. Demon.

Redostrike

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.redostrike.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hmm,

Tetris is going to be added to my collection of 3DS games for sure! Its a nice game and its one of the games that come off the shelve more often than another game.

I love Kirby but i have to wait (europe
frown.gif
)

Same with pokémon rumble. I'm a pokémon fan and its an ok game to have fun with. I mostly enjoy the RPG styled ones better like every other pokémon fan but these are nice too. And its definettly not the worst spinoff. PokéPark Wii is the worst one in my opinoin. Ofcourse this is not to bash on that game cause it's enjoyable, but more for smaller kids that is.

I also think you are forgetting one bigger release. Spyro Skylanders. I know i'm gonna attrac a few people on this but i still think its going to be a nice game and worth the mention!.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D