GamePadToPC Released, Control your PC with a Wii U Gamepad

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can barely detect any lag while using it. Once he adds in analog stick support in terms of controlling the mouse, I can see myself playing some shooters with it.

(He mentioned the above support would be in relatively soon.)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's annoying when there's two threads on the same subject .

I was told by a higher up to make this thread. Complain to them not me.

Or have them lock it or something if it's really that much of an annoyance to majority of the community.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not bitchin fella, just sayin really. Kinda weird watchin two exact same conversations by a complete diff set of users.

I think some of us are stilled burned out on the wii cesspools sections and treat the wii u ones, especially as hacks are not so advanced/beyond that allowed by backwards compatibility, in much the same way.

twiddler

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be useful to have the Wii U Tablet act as a web keyboard, and browse the net on the PC screen. Just make a webpage with the keyboard layout, and browse to it on the Wii U. The PC would have to host the keyboard webpage, but it would give you a full blown browser vs the crappy one the Wii U comes with.

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually a really crappy hack.

BTW; the author also included nodejs without a copy of the MIT license, which makes this distribution illegal. Nice front page material.

Jealousy is an ugly emotion. It does exactly what it is intended to do. Nothing about that is "crappy."

P.S. I have no idea what you're talking about with that license issue. Seems to be right in the root folder to me... ;)

Reactions: SLiV3R

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This is actually a really crappy hack.

BTW; the author also included nodejs without a copy of the MIT license, which makes this distribution illegal. Nice front page material.
Every hack starts as ''crappy'' and gets better and better each version, just give it time.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jealousy is an ugly emotion. It does exactly what it is intended to do. Nothing about that is "crappy."

P.S. I have no idea what you're talking about with that license issue. Seems to be right in the root folder to me... ;)

How's that analog stick mouse control going?

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice looking forward to it.

I have mouse movement working properly and transferring between sticks properly. Mouse movement for DirectInput will take some time, and the current clicking doesn't seem to be working at the moment. It will require a bit more work before I can make a release, but it's still coming very soon! I have to head to work for now, unfortunately ;)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be useful to have the Wii U Tablet act as a web keyboard, and browse the net on the PC screen. Just make a webpage with the keyboard layout, and browse to it on the Wii U. The PC would have to host the keyboard webpage, but it would give you a full blown browser vs the crappy one the Wii U comes with.
While the PC may be better, I didn't think the Wii u browser is that bad.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Hmm... I wonder if ths would be possible to use the WIIU gamepad for... digital art in a future release...
For now you something like this MIGHT work. Stuff that's meant for a PC web browser isn't as likely to support the gamepad buttons but it might work okay with the touch screen if that's what you're looking for. (at least until THIS also can stream PC images and use the touchscreen for the mouse.)

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For now you something like this MIGHT work. Stuff that's meant for a PC web browser isn't as likely to support the gamepad buttons but it might work okay with the touch screen if that's what you're looking for. (at least until THIS also can stream PC images and use the touchscreen for the mouse.)
Can it be also used with other devices like say... a Nexus tablet?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?