GCN Gamecube OS New Secret?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, Gamecube, better than the PS2 imo.

Probably not a popular opinion, but as far as I'm concerned Gamecube is the best console Nintendo ever made.

Best controller ever
Graphic capabilities, though limited to 480p, are enough for any kind of game you could want
Fantastic catalog
Gameboy Player

If you're all about long RPG's then I could where you might prefer SNES/SuFami. But as an all-genre machine, the Gamecube was great.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not a popular opinion, but as far as I'm concerned Gamecube is the best console Nintendo ever made.

Best controller ever
Graphic capabilities, though limited to 480p, are enough for any kind of game you could want
Fantastic catalog
Gameboy Player

If you're all about long RPG's then I could where you might prefer SNES/SuFami. But as an all-genre machine, the Gamecube was great.

Yep - I used to love SNES but Gamecube really had my heart in its day.

I still think in terms of ground breaking games - N64 wins.

Gamecube wins as most fun for me aka system I'm likely to play more than others.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A few years ago I googled "gamecube secrets", and watched a few videos, saw this, and I HAD to try it.
GameCube was my gaming life until I got Wii and PS2. Now it's about 4/9'ths of my gaming life.

Last edited by banjo2,

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I still wonder why devs don't add easter eggs like these into today's consoles. Or maybe they do and we haven't discovered them yet?

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Best controller ever
Fantastic catalog
Gameboy Player

Gamecube is alright except for when it comes to fighting games.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love every gamecube game except sunshine and starfox adventures. Ikaruga, pac-man world, melee, pokemon gate of darkness and my fav thousand year door were among the best in my opinion

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Best controller ever
Fantastic catalog
Gameboy Player

Yeah, but the Wii can do all that too (aside from the GB Player) as well as play all the Wii and VC titles, if you hack it, you can get a great GBA emulator as well, negating the need for a GB Player.

Hell, if you hack the Wii mode in the Wii U, you can do all that the Wii has to offer too and have access to the Wii U library as well, though you do need one of those gamecube controller adapters to get the gamecube controllers working, but its entirely possible. As such, I'd say the Wii U was Nintendo's best system. Sure you have to perform a few easy tricks to get the gamecube compatability and emulators in there, but its capable of all of that and so much more.

TechyTurtle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii u is obviously superior in hardware (obvious to keep up with its competitors) but that doesn't exclude its half fast gaming gimmick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok