Hacking Gamecube Microphone With Nintendont - Mario Party 7

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, i bought a gamecube microphone for the wii and am using usbloader gx to run nintedont to play mario party 7. i noticed that i need to wait for nintendont to boot the game before i can plug in the gamecube microphone into the memory slot B. but it seems to freeze the screen after the game start up screen (usually if there is no microphone plugged in, it tells you to plug it in now or play without it). the audio still plays but i cant get passed here . i have tested the microphone with mario party 6 with nintendont and it works fine. i have the memory card setting off on usbloader gx because i heard it needs to read the microphone from the memory card. i tried setting usbloader gx to native controllers too but it didnt work. i checked the compatibility list and it shows mario party 7 should work on the wii. what settings should i have my mario party on to read the gamecube microphone? i do have ocarina cheats on to have all the mini games unlocked and havent tried it with it off, but i dont think this is causing the problems.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/threads/nintendont.349258/

Is the microphone working with Nintendont?
Yes.
The microphone works on Wii only as it's plugged into the Memory card port.
You need to disable Memory Card Emulation to use the official function to access the ports.
Don't plug anything into MemCard slot B until after the game has started or nintendont will not start. (SlotB is used as debugger by Nintendont)

I may be misinterpreting your explanation, but from what I understand if you want to use the microphone you cannot use emulated memory cards so you will have to use a real memory card AND plug the microphone in after the game has booted. I believe Nintendont looks for a USB Gecko card in slot B at startup so it will freeze if something else is plugged in.

drchink

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the reply! i had memoru card emulation off. i figured out the issue. the microphone won't work if ocarina cheats. so i turned off the cheats and just found a 100% save file and installed that to have all the minigames unlocked.

Reactions: GreyWolf

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I use the microphone that is on my Wii controller? I'm currently using a classic controller and it's already connected to the wiimote that has a built in microphone technically right? So I would assume that it would work? Would it?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Uhh the wiimote doesn't have a mic? It has a speaker, but not a mic?
Exactly. No microphone. Only way is to use a real GC microphone on the Memory Card slot B port.

DeadlyRevengexX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh the wiimote doesn't have a mic? It has a speaker, but not a mic?

Ah! See I'm rather new to the Wii, so I always thought that was a microphone. lol I've been emulating Gamecube on it more than anything, haven't really gotten to a Wii game that uses the speaker yet. lol Though, it's rather odd to me that it has a speaker when my tv has a speaker. haha Guess I just need to experience it in game first hand to see why it's necessary. :P

Sergio_de_Loco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
thanks for the reply! i had memoru card emulation off. i figured out the issue. the microphone won't work if ocarina cheats. so i turned off the cheats and just found a 100% save file and installed that to have all the minigames unlocked.

Hey, how did you install the saves?
I bought the mic and want to do the exact same thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked