Hacking Gamecube games error

Black_Knight_666

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
a legitimate gc game. I installed CIOSCORP 3.3 recently... could that have something to do with it? cos when i go to the disc channel the disc spins for a few seconds then has the error

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You didn't by chance install the MIOS part of cIOSCORP did you? If so, try getting a normal MIOS & BC wad from NUS Downloader and installing that.

cIOSCORP causes problems some times. (Most often it's with Hackmii installer whining about vulnerable IOSes). I've seen so many bad things about it (2 friends i know bricked their wii's using it).

bungee91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having this exact same problem and would really appreciate a more detailed response if possible.

I just can't boot original GC games (I have no interest in backed up ones)

My setup is 3.1U (virgin) to 4.1U (from guide, waninkoko updater) following the simplistic guide posted here so (CIOSRev 14, PreLoader .29, Dop-IOS V7, and Trucha Bug restrorer). I also used CIOSCorp V3.3.

My backup Wii games work fine, but I get the error for original GC games.

They didn't work before, or after (I tried this incase it would fix it) miosCorp (yes I know this is for Backups).

I understand what NUS is but no clue on the "BC" abbreviation.

So if someone could explain the steps a bit better it would be appreciated (sorry if you take this as being "spoon fed")
I have read a LOT on understanding the Wii, this was just a bit unexpected.

Thanks,
Jeff

bungee91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so answering my own questions a BC is

Title ID: "00000001-00000100 BC Used to start GC games -- sets Hollywood speed to 162MHz, loads boot2, which then eventually loads MIOS "

So I grab a new one of those with NUSD, and also the MIOS one which looks to be this one

Title ID: "00000001-00000101 - MIOS: Gamecube compatibility IOS -- active while Gamecube games are being played on the Wii."

(Grabbed everything from here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database)

Then I load those through Wad Manager and that should fix me up.... Right?

Thanks

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bungee91 said:
Ok so answering my own questions a BC is

Title ID: "00000001-00000100 BC Used to start GC games -- sets Hollywood speed to 162MHz, loads boot2, which then eventually loads MIOS "

So I grab a new one of those with NUSD, and also the MIOS one which looks to be this one

Title ID: "00000001-00000101 - MIOS: Gamecube compatibility IOS -- active while Gamecube games are being played on the Wii."

(Grabbed everything from here http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Title_database)

Then I load those through Wad Manager and that should fix me up.... Right?

Thanks

Yep but you should really use Waninkoko's cMIOS rev3 instead of the MIOS wad it just allows you too use backups as well just in case you want too play backed up GC games in the future...

mattjd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah cIOS Corp is very annoying and causes tond of problems.

I just use my wiikey v1 and IOS's 36 and below downgraded and all above upgraded with trucha bug enabled works a treat
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also happy birthday @Xdqwerty +1