GameCube Games on Wii

drlarrye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some Game Boy games that are set up properly and work on my Wii (Each in a folder named for the game and the actual game name is game.iso) I have another bunch of games that are not in separate folders and are each named for the actual game. Is there a program or utility that would place the games each in a properly named folder and rename the game as a group? I'm not really hopeful but it would be dumb to do it by hand then find out later thee was an easy way.

I meant GameCube, Not Game Boy, Sorry

Last edited by drlarrye,
  • Haha
Reactions: JuanMena

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
VisualBoyGX
Folder named ROMS or GBA or WHATEVER.
Unzip your roms and place your game.gba in said folder.

Open VBAGX and navigate to your folder.
Select your game and play.

Congratulations, you just learned folder navigation and achieved emulation 👌

drlarrye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now I know why you completely lost me....My mind must be on other things. In all places that I said Game Boy, I meant Game Cube. (Why couldn't tell what I meant...aren't you a mind reader?) I just was wondering about group renaming as the games play well.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now I know why you completely lost me....My mind must be on other things. In all places that I said Game Boy, I meant Game Cube. (Why couldn't tell what I meant...aren't you a mind reader?) I just was wondering about group renaming as the games play well.
In that case...
Nintendont needs to have a folder called games, then that folder needs folders with name of game and the game itself named game.iso.

Example: root:/games/Super Mario Sunshine/game.iso

In case Nintendont is not recognizing your files, then try updating Nintendont or replacing your backups with other dumps.

About your question, no, there's no magic software that will automatically sort everything for you. You have to do it manually.

drlarrye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is magic software that will do it!!! GameCube manager does it and does it well. My problem was that I had a bad .iso in the group and GCM would stop and give a cryptic (to me) message so I just thought it wasn't working. Once I got rid of the bad .iso everything worked well whether the .iso was just in a folder named games or in a folder that was named for the game. It also put the game ID in the folder name.

JuanMena

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There is magic software that will do it!!! GameCube manager does it and does it well. My problem was that I had a bad .iso in the group and GCM would stop and give a cryptic (to me) message so I just thought it wasn't working. Once I got rid of the bad .iso everything worked well whether the .iso was just in a folder named games or in a folder that was named for the game. It also put the game ID in the folder name.
Congratulations, it took you 3 days to automatize hand work that could've taken 5 minutes or less.
:bow:

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have some Game Boy games that are set up properly and work on my Wii (Each in a folder named for the game and the actual game name is game.iso) I have another bunch of games that are not in separate folders and are each named for the actual game. Is there a program or utility that would place the games each in a properly named folder and rename the game as a group? I'm not really hopeful but it would be dumb to do it by hand then find out later thee was an easy way.
What a gba game is game.iso but its game.gba no?

drlarrye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did apologize in an earlier post that I has screwed up and meant GameCube and not Game Boy. I know this caused a lot of confusion and I apologize again.

drlarrye

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell there is no way to edit the title. I get a lot of great info here but you guys are hard on beginner mistakes. On the flip side I will try not to make a stupid mistake again, that's for sure!

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As far as I can tell there is no way to edit the title.
There is the report function.
You could have reported your own thread and asked the moderators for changing the title.

On the flip side I will try not to make a stupid mistake again, that's for sure!
There are worse things.

Anybody who read the thread completely should have understood the title was a typo.

There were several hundred games...and I didn't spend 3 days working on it. But thanks for your comment!
Computers are there for solving problems we would not have without them.
Jokes aside: Of course this is a task for a program and not for manual work. If the task of automating something takes less effort than doing it manually… no question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol