Hardware Gamecube controller joystick parameter problem.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm having an odd problem with an official black Gamecube controller. When playing SSBB, when you push the analog stick into a lower right or left corner the character should duck. On this particular controller the character ducks in the right corner but not in the left corner. Also, moving the cursor in the character select screen is messed up since it doesn't move in the exact same direction as the other corners. This is a huge problem for games that has a lot of diagonal movement, such as Four Swords Adventures. I tried slightly cleaning the analog stick from the inside and outside but that did nothing. Recalibrating did nothing either. Is there anything that can be done? Or is the analog itself broken in some way?

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's worn out. Either replace the stick (the whole mechanism not just the "cap") or replace the controller.

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds like it's worn out. Either replace the stick (the whole mechanism not just the "cap") or replace the controller.
I doubt it's wear that's the problem. The stick is still upright and quite tight. I'm thinking of storing it for a while then replace the analog when I get better soldering equipment.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just because you can't tell anything is wrong by looking at and feeling it doesn't mean something hasn't worn out internally, which is likely what happened here if recalibration doesn't help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Most of the modern AAA games