Fallout 1 - classic PC PORT CE v.1.0.0-vita.1 - Northfear

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
After the release of Fallout 2, now we get Fallout 1 !

Fallout Community Edition port for PS Vita - CE v.1.0.0-vita.1 PSVITA PC PORT

/

Author : Northfear
Description: Port of Fallout for PSVITA based on a reverse engineering of the game called Fallout: Community Edition.
Requirements: Game Data Files PC (testing GOG version = full Working / USA CDRom version = working, but No Music)
Changelog (v.1.0.0-vita.1): First Release
Forked : Alexander Batalov - re-implementation of Fallout

/

Download :
https://github.com/Northfear/fallout1-ce-vita/releases
or
https://vitadb.rinnegatamante.it/#/info/1034

/

Install :
Download fallout-ce.vpk file and install it to your PS Vita.

Copy MASTER.DAT, CRITTER.DAT and DATA folder from the installed Fallout game folder into to ux0:data/fallout/.
Copy fallout.cfg too, if you're using non-english Fallout version (or make sure that language setting is properly set in it (language=german, language=french, etc)).
! Please note that the copied file names should be upper case.

/

Controls :
Left analog stick - Cursor movement
Right analog stick - Map scrolling
X - Left mouse button
O - Right mouse button
[] - Skill list/selection
/_\ - Inventory
D-Pad Up - Character screen
D-Pad Down - Pip-Boy
D-Pad Left - Start combat
D-Pad Right - End turn
L1 - Toggle active item
R1 (hold) - Cursor movement speedup
SELECT - Esc
START - On screen keyboard
O + L1 - Quick save
O + R1 - Quick load

/

Touchpad controls :
You can change the control mode of front or rear touchpad by editing ux0:data/fallout/f1_res.ini and changing FRONT_TOUCH_MODE and REAR_TOUCH_MODE parameters.
Following touchpad modes are supported:

0 - Touchpad disabled
1 - Direct control (front touchpad only)
2 - Trackpad control

In trackpad control mode you can use double tap to "click" left mouse button in the current cursor position and triple tap to "click" right mouse button.

/

EDIT :

FIRST TEST

PSTV + original 32GB Sony vita memory card + PS3 Controller = Working (testing only 10 minutes, 6GB free space)
(Henkaku 3.65 only kubridge and fd-fix plugin + PIBConfig used)

- create the PC data folder myself with GOG version = WORKING (setup_fallout_2.1.0.18.exe)
19 November 1997 Version 1.2
(the gog version has ~20mb trash files, not needed)

Game Start = Working
Intro Video = Working
Music = Working
Framerate = feels good
Inactive Test = ~ 2hour, very good !
Touchpad PSTV + PS3 Controller = working (testing 5 minutes)

/

EDIT 2 : GOG version CENSORED !

All Europe old CDRom versions are censored, also the UK copy ! The GOG version is based on the Europe version and is also censored. Also censored Steam and Epic Games Store version. The only true uncensored version is the USA CDRom version from Interplay Productions and also the USA Mac version. There is also a uncensored russian version from 1C Company and a Bootleg from Fargus Multimedia in russian language.

What is censored :
- Europe / GOG = Childrens are censored and can not kill anymore.
- Europe German CDRom = Children are censored, Intro Video is censored, Blood and Gore mostly censored.

GOG / Europe censored Version = currently best Working, with Music and Videos !
USA CDRom uncensored Version Interplay Productions = Working, but NO Music, crash often
RU CDRom uncensored Version 1C Company = ? testing later
Europe German CDRom = no test need, to strong censored

/

Million thanks Northfear for coding and Alexander Batalov for source !

Last edited by peter8,

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Northfear :
hello Northfear, million thanks for your work and time to bring new stuff ! Yes we will report bugs and glitches so far we find something. My knowledge for Fallout is not the best, so I can not speedrun it up. But I dont think its full of bugs, since you had learn a lot from Fallout 2 and your work is mostly polish. But I have no github account or discord to report there.
Anyway I am still highly hope for a PC Port of C&C3 Tiberian Sun and Unreal was get a Port on Switch hopefully we get it on Vita to.

Will now try out the US CDrom version, since GOG version is censored.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
NOTE 1 : Compare GOG with USA CDRom version

GOG Censored Version - 19 November 1997 Version 1.2

CRITTER.DAT = 149MB
MASTER.DAT = 323MB
DATA Folder has SOUND Folder / MUSIC Folder / art Folder / SCRIPTS Folder / TEXT Folder / MAPS Folder already with files

Result :
V1.2 Currently best working, with Music and Videos.

-

USA Uncensored CDRom Version - 29 September 1997 Version 1.0

CRITTER.DAT = 150MB
MASTER.DAT = 318MB
DATA Folder has only SOUND Folder / MUSIC Folder
SAVEGAME Folder is Self created
MAPS is Self created and has different file names

Result : not best working, but somehow working.
The V1.0 USA Uncensored version is working. But NO Music ! And after 5 minutes the game was crash ! Maybe there are some fix patches ? and need more trys for test.
Game Screen say version 1.1. but its 1.0.

/

NOTE 2 :
Since Childrens are censored and can not kill anymore, its highly possible that the re-implementation engine will create bugs for NPCS ? We need to know, on what version had Alexander Batalov build this code.
need testing

/

NOTE 3 :
Touchscreen over PSTV with PS3 Controller = working

Last edited by peter8,
Reactions: Indy13

IKELOS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is absolutely outstanding! Northfear and Rinnegatamante are trailblazers, do you know if they have any plans to also bring Fallout to the PS3?

Northfear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
All credits should go to the original author (alexbatalov). vitadb version was pretty outdated and I thought that it could use a version bump (since quite a lot of major bugs were fixed since last release)
@IKELOS you should probably ask someone from PS3 homebrew community. The port itself should be pretty easy, since it's using SDL and doesn't have any major dependencies.

peter8

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Northfear :
I am so highly thankfull for every stuff on the Vita system. You take your free time and work for porting and bringing updates on the Vita. And of course Alexander Batalov is already in post one for thanks and that he was re-work on the reverse code.
Hope you will not stop and bring more ports, its amazing.

@ IKELOS :
The same as you I want this all on my PS3, but this is mostly not possible, the PS3 is very complex and the homebrew scene is very low with no good ports. Vita is currently the strongest homebrew console, with the most stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Before @K3Nv2 can move into the garage, he has to atleast come out the closet first.