Hacking Gamecube Backup loader .2 screen error

shadster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I have been so frustrated with this for 2 weeks.

I have a 4.2u wii and followed this guide completely. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901
I download Gamecube Backup Loader .2 and wrote "Starfox Adventures and Prince of Persia" with the multigame creator onto a DVD-R disk by ImgBurn. (both games were .GCM files and writing speed was 4x also wrote it on a new disk again at 3x).
I load the game into the wii. I load HBC and launch GC backup launcher....

It turns BLACK AND WHITE along with it SCROLLING RAPIDLY!!!
I was able to play the game, and hear audio, but I cannot play like this!
I try and fix it by loading MIOSpatcher again (version 8 plus black up launcher yada-yada-yada)
same thing happens again. After a while I start downloading anything I can try to make it work and I still get the same crap.

OK, I go to my friend's house and we hacked his wii. (his was 3.2u following the same guide)
we install and load GC backup loader AND STILL SAME CRAP!!!

PLEASE SOMEONE! ANYONE! HELP ME!!! I've spent so much time looking up and testing so many things I lost count!!!
cry.gif

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
install gcos 1.5 using homebrew browser in homebrew channel set aside your installed gc backup loader and run the game using gcos with forced ntsc settings you will see the problem is gone

shadster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebortega said:
install gcos 1.5 using homebrew browser in homebrew channel set aside your installed gc backup loader and run the game using gcos with forced ntsc settings you will see the problem is gone

Ok, I got the rapid scrolling to stop
biggrin.gif

Now i just get this...

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shadster said:
ebortega said:

Ok, I got the rapid scrolling to stop
biggrin.gif

Now i just get this...

ok
smile.gif
be sure that your game is ntsc also otherwise it will give you black and white screen coz there are some games that is colored even though its pal and also try to press y in gc backup launcher to play as force ntsc or test different kinds of settings that will suit to your game
smile.gif

shadster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebortega said:
ok
smile.gif
be sure that your game is ntsc also otherwise it will give you black and white screen coz there are some games that is colored even though its pal and also try to press y in gc backup launcher to play as force ntsc or test different kinds of settings that will suit to your game
smile.gif

ok ill be doing that. Can you tell me where can I make sure the games are ntsc? I know on purplecube (U) = USA (E) = Europe (J) = Japan
So would (U) = ntsc?

shadster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok new problem, I noticed that I can only play directly from the GC backup launcher from the HBC.
I installed cMIOS rev 3 from research from the green screen i was getting from the Backup launcher channel.

So the thing is I get black and white crap from loading the backup launcher from HBC.
I use the backup channel and I get color in the launcher, but no picture while loading, only music... (pressing y for both, forcing ntsc)

I tried Gecko 9.1 and 1.7b, downloaded from HBC and they both couldn't read the dvd.
I tried Neo GammaR7 and forced Ntsc (both i and p) along with ocarina from SD, I get the same thing what the backup channel gets.

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Be sure that you followed this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 (4.2, 3.x and 4.1 user)

Important:

Run MIOSpatcher to play backup gamecube games.
Press right once on a gamecube controller to change the mios to v8.
Press X to allow Wii backup launcher loading.
Press A to install.

Step 1:

Instal WiiGator GC Backup Launcher 0.2
Note:Make sure that you only have GC Backup Launcher 0.2 installed so that geckoos will automatically run GC Backup Launcher 0.2.

Step 2:

Install GeckoOS v1.9.3 that you installed using homebrew browser in HBC.
Run your game using GeckoOS with forced NTSC settings if your NTSC then geckoos will run GC Backup Launcher 0.2 automatically and you can see this image with full color
26009_wiigator.png

Press Y for the game to launch.

post here if you encounter more problem we will try to fix it.

shadster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebortega said:
Be sure that you followed this guide: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=171901 (4.2, 3.x and 4.1 user)

Instal WiiGator GC Backup Launcher 0.2

Note:Make sure that you only have GC Backup Launcher 0.2 installed so that geckoos will automatically run GC Backup Launcher 0.2.

post here if you encounter more problem we will try to fix it.

I have followed that guide completely (4.2 user) and was successful.

I have have the files of GC backup launcher, but I just took all the files and put them in my apps folder (Idk how to install all the files correctly)

Ok, Ill retry geckoOS and let you know what happened.

shadster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... According to my friend. He got me the (E) Prince of persia...
At first I knew the Starfox adventures game was Europe. So I just burned Prince of Persia by itself.
So I was trying to make Europe games play on my American wii...

Thank you so much for your help and time!!!

*I feel really stupid right now*

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shadster said:
At first I knew the Starfox adventures game was Europe. So I just burned Prince of Persia by itself.

that means you can play gc games now in full color?

shadster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ebortega said:
shadster said:

Well first off I just tested "Mario strikers charged (wii)" and it works perfectly.
So it makes perfect sense i can

EDIT: YUP IT WORKS!!!
biggrin.gif

TYVM EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!!

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
shadster said:
ebortega said:
shadster said:

Well first off I just tested "Mario strikers charged (wii)" and it works perfectly.
So it makes perfect sense i can

EDIT: YUP IT WORKS!!!
biggrin.gif

TYVM EVERYONE FOR THE HELP!!!

ok im glad that your problem is fixed
smile.gif

leavemealone347

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you use GeckoOS to force GCBackup Utility .2 to boot into NTSC? I see that you can boot WADS but GCBackup isn't a WAD. And when I have my Multiboot GC Disc in the drive the "Launch Game" option gives a No DVD error.

I have both installed and I have cMIOS installed as well but GeckoOS confuses me quite a bit.

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
leavemealone347 said:
How do you use GeckoOS to force GCBackup Utility .2 to boot into NTSC? I see that you can boot WADS but GCBackup isn't a WAD. And when I have my Multiboot GC Disc in the drive the "Launch Game" option gives a No DVD error.

I have both installed and I have cMIOS installed as well but GeckoOS confuses me quite a bit.

if you installed gc backup launcher 0.2 then geckoOS will automatically launch the gc loader. you can change setting in geckoos before you run the dvd then press y in gc loader.

ebortega

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
leavemealone347 said:
How does geckoOS auto launch GC Loader? I do have .2 installed but I can't figure out what to press in geckoOS to get it to boot.

how many gc loader do you have? because if you have 2 gc backup loader then it will not auto boot.

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too have had no success in getting GeckoOS to autoboot GC Backup Launcher .2. After choosing "Launch Game" the drive spins and I get a "No DVD" error whether it is a multiboot disc or not. They do work for me through NeoGamma R7 by selecting force NTSC 480i, but it would be preferable to load these through GeckoOS where the NTSC setting could be saved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7