Gaming Game Informer Gives Skyward Sword 10/10

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Horrible graphics compared to TP...
I like 'em! Twilight Princess was too grimdark for my tastes, while Wind Waker was too colorful, in my opinion. I still played, beat, and enjoyed both of them, but Skyward Sword is the perfect mix of the two styles, and the "Impressionist painting" graphics filter for objects and scenery in the distance is beautiful.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Looks like ZeldaInformer updated to give us "a truckload of brand new information, boss names, characters, races & more". We got some pretty interesting stuff over there, the most notable, hands down, beyond a shadow of a doubt, being
"Despite speculation, Zelda has no romantic interest in Link. That's right folks, those makeout sessions remain fan-fiction only.
I can't help but notice that I've read that before..

And to ALL people: Please don't respond to anything flame, leak or insult related for the sake of this thread staying open!

Any thread with Skyward Sword written on it is getting a dangerous bad attention from the mods :sleep:

kinda unfair..

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hah, that other thread got locked already, eh? Saw that coming from a mile away.

Anyway, looks like IGN's review of the game may be coming before Gametrailers' and Gamespot's, judging by the amount of info they are spitting out.

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Edit: Not really substantial, but pretty damn awesome. Here's a video of someone playing the main theme from Skyward Sword on a harp. It's not perfect, and you can hear a mistake here and there, but it's still awesome. Very pretty, check it out. (Apparently, you can't URL code a Youtube link? Weird.)

If the rest of the music is as good as the opening theme my sambo, and not least my neighbors, are gonna kill me when I get SS, cause Im going to crank the volume up a lot lol (Im still not forgiven for TP release :x)

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Not really substantial, but pretty damn awesome. Here's a video of someone playing the main theme from Skyward Sword on a harp. It's not perfect, and you can hear a mistake here and there, but it's still awesome. Very pretty, check it out. (Apparently, you can't URL code a Youtube link? Weird.)

If the rest of the music is as good as the opening theme my sambo, and not least my neighbors, are gonna kill me when I get SS, cause Im going to crank the volume up a lot lol (Im still not forgiven for TP release :x)
Yes indeed. Damn near the entire soundtrack is orchestrated, which would make it the first Zelda title to have an entire orchestra backing it up. The few tracks that aren't orchestrated are instead replaced by electronic, almost industrial sounding tunes, and they don't sound midi-ish, like the Twilight Princess soundtrack.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hah, that other thread got locked already, eh? Saw that coming from a mile away.

Anyway, looks like IGN's review of the game may be coming before Gametrailers' and Gamespot's, judging by the amount of info they are spitting out.

I think both IGN and Gamespot will not give it a 10 ...(certainly a 9.3 / 9.5 ) ...Gamespot don't even listed SS in it Most popular- overall top 10 :/

What do you think?

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think both IGN and Gamespot will not give it a 10 ...(certainly a 9.3 / 9.5 ) ...Gamespot don't even listed SS in it Most popular- overall top 10 :/

What do you think?
Honestly, I stopped reading/watching both IGN's and Gamespot's reviews years ago. The reason for that is because they seem just a bit too amateur to me. Every single time I watch a video review from IGN, I can't tell if it's a woman or a little boy that's talking, neither of which should be reviewing video games (LOL....... sexism......). As for Gamespot, well... I dunno, I just don't follow them. The only reviewers that I follow nowadays are Gametrailers and EDGE, since they are the two that seem the most mature, least biased, and overall most honest reviewers out there (Don't even get me started on X-play, or anything on G4 for that matter).

All I can really say is that I don't think that Skyward Sword's MetaCritic score will dip below 97. It's currently at 98, based on 4 reviews. We'll see how things pan out.

Take Ocarina of Time's MetaCritic score for example. It's 99/100 based on 22 reviews, and Nintendo is saying that Skyward Sword is going to be their biggest game to date. The scoring for games has gotten quite a bit more strict since 1998, of course, so I don't think any game in the world will surpass Ocarina of Time's score, but I'd be more than happy with a 97 or 98.

Teep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Found fileserve links with the game. Already taken down though. Will keep everyone posted if they get re-uploaded. I couldn't confirm whether these were true... They were behind a survey encryption link, but it was stupidly easy to decrypt the real URLs, with some help from a friend. The site that posted didn't seem too legit, but since the encrypted links were actual fileserve links, makes one wonder. They listed the ISO as being 6GB.

wdowell84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the file serve confirmed by that one guy as 3.93GB? And also if it's dual layered shouldn't it be more than 6GB? I'm not up to date on everything so I may be wrong. On topic, I am looking forward to all the reviews, but I haven't read/watched anything except for one trailer since e3 2010. And yeah I agree with everyone that IGN pretty much sucks. I can not wait for this game to get here, I keep checking the forum from my phone every half hour or so just hoping for a leak.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't the file serve confirmed by that one guy as 3.93GB? And also if it's dual layered shouldn't it be more than 6GB? I'm not up to date on everything so I may be wrong. On topic, I am looking forward to all the reviews, but I haven't read/watched anything except for one trailer since e3 2010. And yeah I agree with everyone that IGN pretty much sucks. I can not wait for this game to get here, I keep checking the forum from my phone every half hour or so just hoping for a leak.
Yes. Samred stated that the game is 3.93 GB in size, but I'm starting to question that. At first, he definitely seemed legit, but not only did we just get a picture of the game box, face down, with no game CD present, but the big box also looked like it had quite a bit of wear and tear on it, which makes no sense. How could it have that much wear and tear on it already? According to him, he only got the game yesterday, so...

That being said, none of us know 100% how big the file will be, and we still don't know if it's Dual Layered or not. It's Samred's word against whoever else decides to give us info regarding the size of the game. I'm not saying he's lying, only to take his info (or anyone's info, for that matter) with a grain of salt.

olleb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i was on a train home and played some oot3d today.
call me slow, but i just noticed...
ZOOT_PR_050811_06.png

zelda-skyward-sword-harp.jpg

moosh1989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Next time someone catches a file for it before its removed copy the file name so we know what it's gunna be called if it gets uploaded elsewhere

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time someone catches a file for it before its removed copy the file name so we know what it's gunna be called if it gets uploaded elsewhere
Probably a good idea, except for the fact that it doesn't have an official scene release yet, so I doubt it would be anything similar to the file names that we're used to.

D

Deleted User

What do you think?
Honestly, I stopped reading/watching both IGN's and Gamespot's reviews years ago. The reason for that is because they seem just a bit too amateur to me. Every single time I watch a video review from IGN, I can't tell if it's a woman or a little boy that's talking, neither of which should be reviewing video games (LOL....... sexism......). As for Gamespot, well... I dunno, I just don't follow them. The only reviewers that I follow nowadays are Gametrailers and EDGE, since they are the two that seem the most mature, least biased, and overall most honest reviewers out there (Don't even get me started on X-play, or anything on G4 for that matter).

All I can really say is that I don't think that Skyward Sword's MetaCritic score will dip below 97. It's currently at 98, based on 4 reviews. We'll see how things pan out.

Take Ocarina of Time's MetaCritic score for example. It's 99/100 based on 22 reviews, and Nintendo is saying that Skyward Sword is going to be their biggest game to date. The scoring for games has gotten quite a bit more strict since 1998, of course, so I don't think any game in the world will surpass Ocarina of Time's score, but I'd be more than happy with a 97 or 98.

OOT only has a 99 because of the low amount of reviews, its what, reviewed by 22 companies? I expect 3 times the reviewer amount this time around.

Porkmaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is true. I looked up a much more recent, very successful title, Batman: Arkham City, and that's averaging at 95/100 based on 74 reviews. If Nintendo can stay at or above 95/100 when the masses get their hands on Skyward Sword, I will be very proud of them.

spritemcdonalds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish samred updated how hes going on this thread :(

or atleast you know uploaded it so we can check if its legit, I promise not to play it i just want to check

chaofan

Trophies
XP
Country
While I get the fascination for reviews, in the end it really isn't going to matter - everyone reading this thread will be playing it regardless of its meta-score.

That said, it's definitely tougher for games to have a higher meta-score overall these days. I used to roam IGN all day, but these days they've hired bloggers instead of actual journalists. I've never been a fan of Gamespot. They're more like textbook reviewers and I found their journalists lacking in personality (and biased in certain types of games). And because some sites are obsessed with graphics and hate motion control, Zelda's overall score will be affected with cons like, "Should've been in HD" or "Would've liked it if there was an option to press A for attack" or "Not enough space-marine baldness, brown, gritty style graphics GRR GRR STEROIDS".

I don't need reviews to tell me whether I'll like this game or not! :D Besides, Mr. IGN, I LOVED Godhand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @K3Nv2