Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladexdsl said:
nintendo need better beta testers
tongue.gif

Yep, they should be testing "If I fall off and jump on the side, and then have a specifically-modified save file to load elf files when the game tries to reload my save file, will the game crash?"
tongue.gif

Buffer overflows can't be found with beta testing, unless it causes a bug with an un-hacked save file. The thing is, somewhere in their code, programmers will inevitably forget to check bounds before loading things into memory, and in the one place that they forget to do that, you can expect a hacker who studies how the game works with data to find it and exploit it. Which is awesome, because effectively there will always be another game if Ninty patches a save file. It just takes some hunting to find it. Though you can expect the guys making the games to be more cautious now when programming.

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
he better not release it. I only gave it to him because he has infectus and bootmii, plus he keeps sending horribly edited convo's from over IRC that i suppose are supposed to tarnish my reputation which i don't really have :|

I'm almost positive comex has got him whipped to say whatever he wants....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0HknevDYkE

theres a video a tester recorded a while ago. He was having trouble uploading it to youtube, but he finally go it.

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that whole thing is total bullshit. You really shouldn't post crap again for a second time....

If you want what i have now which is a brick machine thats hard to get to glitch then go ahead and post whatever you want. Its not fake. comex, just deal with the fact that someone else beat you to it.

Joesalad21

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
hetoan2 said:
he better not release it. I only gave it to him because he has infectus and bootmii, plus he keeps sending horribly edited convo's from over IRC that i suppose are supposed to tarnish my reputation which i don't really have :|

I'm almost positive comex has got him whipped to say whatever he wants....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0HknevDYkE

theres a video a tester recorded a while ago. He was having trouble uploading it to youtube, but he finally go it.

XD That has to be the worst edited video I have seen of a Wii hack. Gratz!

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The video didn't look bad to me. There could be a cut between the crash and GeckoOS loading (which is what I'd imagine you think), but at the same time it could be legit because the camera has to adjust itself lto the light like that as you can see earlier in the video.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
why would comex not want somebody else finding a new hack ? that's pure non-sense, he never tried to grab attention (like you are trying to do ?) or feeled in competition with anybody...

I second this is probably a fake, the video effects (polygon crash lol, screen fading...) don't look real and the "technical" explanations you are giving for how it can brick the wii (like what ? game writing NAND ? corrupted save files never bricked anybody lol) make me think you don't really know what you're talking about and are just trying to make some fun with your buddy

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly what i said on Tehskeen:

how does an edited IRC log make something proof?

ANYONE can edit a stupid log. you know. this is stupid. Since everyone NEEDS proof you can take your half finished exploit and figure it out yourself. Don't come crying to me if you brick, don't try and ask how you do the wall stick glitch (yes it's needed for the buffer overflow). I've explained it over and over to AlexLH and he just doesn't get it. People keep flaming on how fake it is, but its not. I was going to try and make it easier to do and safer for wiis, but i wont. Ever. Good job.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/33560/data.bin

It works. Its the same thing I gave romaap. Don't bother me.

boot.elf root of memory card.
data.bin is NTSC-U only.

Can you post my video also. It shows better how to do the glitch.

If someone wants to work on it, fix it, make it better go ahead. I could care less. You people are so stupid you don't even deserve it. I can replicate this easily so why shouldn't any of you.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So why are people going out of their way to defame you? That's what I don't get. I'd totally try this out if I had my Wii with me but alas, I do not. If you're right, you're right regardless of people say. And if you're wrong, there you go. Sorry if I ended up contributing to the spread of misinformation.

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hetoan2 said:
Exactly what i said on Tehskeen:

how does an edited IRC log make something proof?

ANYONE can edit a stupid log. you know. this is stupid. Since everyone NEEDS proof you can take your half finished exploit and figure it out yourself. Don't come crying to me if you brick, don't try and ask how you do the wall stick glitch (yes it's needed for the buffer overflow). I've explained it over and over to AlexLH and he just doesn't get it. People keep flaming on how fake it is, but its not. I was going to try and make it easier to do and safer for wiis, but i wont. Ever. Good job.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/33560/data.bin

It works. Its the same thing I gave romaap. Don't bother me.

boot.elf root of memory card.
data.bin is NTSC-U only.

Can you post my video also. It shows better how to do the glitch.

If someone wants to work on it, fix it, make it better go ahead. I could care less. You people are so stupid you don't even deserve it. I can replicate this easily so why shouldn't any of you.

Nice try, but this data.bin contains just a file which may or may not be SMG savegame. It definitely looks like it is was created by SMG. It definitely does neither contain any powerpc code nor the string boot.elf which would definitely be required in order to run something from a SD card.

svpe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hetoan2 said:
have you tried it?

it allows the glitch. just do it.

No, I don't need to try it when i can already tell that it won't work by just poking at your savegame using segher's tools to unpack it, strings to look for boot.elf and objdump to make sure that there is no ELF loader code in there.
You claimed that file contains that ELF loader but it does not. The video also looks as if it was faked (it does not make any sense that a stack smash is triggered when you do something odd with mario and that stupid video effect wouldn't happen either.) I am therefore pretty sure that this is just a fake by someone who just wants some attention. Good luck next time.

Forsaekn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i'll be damned, I've done this exploit before on accident, dicking around the main lobby area while being bored. I thought it was a pretty sweet array of colors, reset the wii and went on my way. The exploit is possible, but as far as the elf loading code (the hack portion) I am unsure of its truth.

Fors

hetoan2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
walk on walls (c button)
042B9104 418200FC
042B9AA0 40820014
042BA10C 41820018
28661240 BFFF4000
CC000000 00000000
042B9104 60000000
042B9AA0 60000000
042BA10C 48000018
E0000000 80008000

I do know that the version i posted doesn't have any code for loading a boot.elf

it still can. this is instead an earlier version with boot set to a level.

Still can brick just to let you know. Good luck on making the exploit. Glitch can still be done without the code, the code just makes it easier to replicate.

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as previously stated i think they are revieling to many exploits to soon as nintendo could release a update to wipe them all out we should wait until one explot is killed then bring out another and once that gets killed bring out another, i think people are to anxious about finding an exploit like look at me i found an exploit im great kinda thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: anyone