Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Ok Checked and my currently assembled GameCube has the purple start. So I suppose that means it's IPL 1.1.

I'll pop in the other mobo and see what color that one is. :D

No big deal to check for me. Gamecube is one of the few consoles I actually enjoy disassembling. I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but I have to say it's really a work of art on how it's construction is simple and sturdy but is still an ease to pull apart. It's got quite a few screws holding the drive module on it, but once those are off, it pulls part like knife through butter. :D

I took off the top of the sell on my sister's Wii to fix it's cooling fan and it was a confusing mess of screws I had to dig sticky pads off to get to and I never got as far as removing the drive and such. Really hate when they bury screws under rubber pads. I don't even want to know how much of a nightmare a PS2 is. :P

Update:

Ok I put it together sans the screws (another thing I love about the GameCube. I can put the shell back on without reinstalling all the screws when doing a quick check. :D ), popped in my Action Replay and let the system menu come up:

AR_IPLv1_1.jpg

Needless to say I was disappointed. But hey, at least I know that the board is functional and I probably saved you some time in the event you ended up blowing through those two backups. :P

This was the first time that mobo was powered up since powerboard on the Purple Gamecube I originally had died. So this is the first time I've tested it since.

(I think reversed polarity was what killed the power board, but it's been quite a while since I had that one. :P )

Since they are both the same version apparently, I'll just put the other one back in. :P

As I recall I looked through my Gmail messages and I still have one of the eBay messages from the user I bought the Silver Gamecube off of. So that dates it back to 2007 when I originally rebuilt the gamecube. The silver one was described as having a bit of a personality by the eBay seller. It would read discs in the morning but later refuse to read them.

Turned out to be the perfect buy since I got it cheap and the disc reader in my Purple Gamecube still worked fine, So the Silver GameCube's bad temper has been diffused ever since. The death of my Purple cube lead to extending the life to another. :D

jonthedit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
My cube still hasn't arrived :( It should be by Friday.
EDIT: It has arrived, however, I need to wait for the power cable to arrive as I don't have one due to the fact that my nintendo console experience went N64 - GBA - DS lite - Wii - DSi. No testing it until it arrives :'(

Hey! It's been... a while. How has your project been going? Get started? Already done? Trashed it? Destroyed it?
I'm dying to know!
I just finally started working on it again and ordered the last few parts I need.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up