Hacking G6 Lite FAQ Thread

inter4ever

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just a question,what does the Emu folder on the cart do?Is it for emulating nes roms and etc?Then with this one there is no need to patch the older roms with G6 manager??

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There are 4 ways.

1. PocketNES - an NES emulator written for the GBA. works very well for what it is. (recommended)

2. nesDS - works quite well, won't save though.

3. Directly dumping NES files to the card - Must have the EMU folder on the card. Access the game via MyCard mode in gba mode. I have no idea how to save because I don't use this method. I assume you just need to create .0 files.

4. Patching the NES roms via the game manager. This is inefficient because it appens pocketNES to every game individually and you cannot distinguish games in the gba menu since they all have the PocketNES header.

pjoyce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Perhaps a stupid question but I could not find any documentation anywhere explaining the various options (I checked the manual)...

When you click on the 'Write' button in the UDisk Manager and select a .nds file to be written another window pops up with three tabs, on which things like "DoFAT", etc are written.

Is there any documentation on what the options such as "DoFAT" actually does?

Note: I am not near my G6 Lite so cannot list all of the options on the screen right now.

derderbste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@pjoyce
You can´t find anything? Shame an you...
wink.gif

Watch this:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34239

@M3LV1N
You can simply format the G6 Lite in FAT16 (In Windows its called FAT). If you only want to play NDS and GBA Roms you don´t have to put anything else on the G6 Lite than the Roms itself with the U-Disk Manager. It will create the subdirs "NDS" and "GBA".

derderbste

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@blizeH
I have some other question that were asked in these thread and i have searched in other threads here in the forum to update your FAQ. You may add it to your post and maybe an admin will made this thread "sticky". I think you have to rewrite it in your "Question / Answer" - Format and correct my bad written english text... THX

Code:
*** Is there any documentation on what the options such as "DoFAT" actually does?

Watch this great Review: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=34239

*** how can i soft reset my nds and gba games?

NDS

Press L+R+A+B+X 

You have to patch the files with "sofware reset" function in u-disk manager

GBA

Press L+R+A+B and pick Main Menu.
You have to patch the files with "RTS" function in u-disk manager

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36034

*** are savegames being deleted, when you delete the rom with u-disk manager?

Yes, but you can backup your saves and if you put the game
on your card later you can use the backuped saves.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35927

*** what files can i safely delete from my g6flashcart, without curupting my g6l

You can delete everything, leaving your G6 completely empty and it will work perfectly fine.
Whenever you write a game over with the U-Disk, then it will create the GBA and NDS folder anyways.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35951

*** i want to update my G6 loader. i do everything like it´s written in the readme but it only shows a "2" on the "Yes" Button of the Update menu after i pressed it.

Format your G6 Lite in FAT16 (In Windows its called FAT)

*** I´m to lazy to manualy backup my saves, what can i do to automate it?

Juse "dipasgma" batch script. ypu can find it here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35767

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody comment on how to format the G6 Lite to get rid of unwanted stuff and reinstall the software.
Yeah, all you have to do is right click on the drive (for me it is E) and select format. Choose FAT16 and that should be it. it will wipe everything from the card except the FW which is stored elswhere. after that all you doo is just creat a GBA folder and a DS folder just like you would on any other disk and that is it. you do not have to reload the firmware or anything.
lecture.gif

Elkano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several of my GBA saves seem to disappear over random time intervals. I've done multiple tests and haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes this. Possible issues I've ruled out:

- Lack of space on G6L card
- Several different combinations of using the Real-Time Save menu

Games that have suffered this fate:
- Castlevania HoD, AoS, and CotM
- Super Robot Taisen (Original Gen)
- Medabots Rokusho

The strangest thing is that when games are patched with Real-Time Save and save states are used, the save states appear fine, yet the regular save is wiped. This is extremely annoying, to say the least. Anyone else have problems with this? Also, GBC save states are occasionally wiped; despite all this, NDS game saves are fine in every aspect.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several of my GBA saves seem to disappear over random time intervals. I've done multiple tests and haven't been able to figure out exactly what causes this. Possible issues I've ruled out:

- Lack of space on G6L card
- Several different combinations of using the Real-Time Save menu

Games that have suffered this fate:
- Castlevania HoD, AoS, and CotM
- Super Robot Taisen (Original Gen)
- Medabots Rokusho

The strangest thing is that when games are patched with Real-Time Save and save states are used, the save states appear fine, yet the regular save is wiped. This is extremely annoying, to say the least. Anyone else have problems with this? Also, GBC save states are occasionally wiped; despite all this, NDS game saves are fine in every aspect.

Elkano:

What firmware version are you using ?

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Those who are losing GBA saves all have one thing in common, they're using save states and rebooting into the main menu.

Goomba Color doesn't even support save states, so I don't know how you're using them for GBC

miko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PLEASE, can you help me? I need some "Text writer" for DS - I have G6 lite + passcard 3 but only Chinese PDA soft works (that I know).
If you know about some good (can be simple) soft for writeing and memo some text(which works with G6 lite file system), write name, paste link or quick kill me
wink.gif
smile.gif

yaynds.gif

pizzaman2893

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried metroid prime hunters, kirbys canvas curse , tiger woodsgolf tour, spyro shadow legacy, burnout legends and lunar knoghts but they dont work. when i try to start them up all i see is a black or white screen. and i have the latest software and updated my cartridge but notheing works. ialso tried it in every single format. can yall help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf