Hacking Fully Bricked my Wii 4.3U

ElementalEnder9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just started modding on the wii a week ago and I bricked my wii trying to change the theme . I unbricked it with priiloader and bricked it again with another theme a few days later , I tried unbricking it again with priiloader but it wouldn't show the priiloader menu.

Is it possible that I uninstalled priiloader when I unbricked my wii the first time ?

Please help !

Version - 4.3
Region - USA

Used Mymenuify to apply theme

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you fixed it the first time by using something to reinstall the system menu then it would have overwritten Priiloader.

Priiloader works by renaming the menu's original main app and replacing it with its own.

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Dammit , is there still hope of unbricking my wii like a disc or somthing ?
If you have a NAND backup, you could use an Infectus 2 or something like that to restore it via hardware.
Are you absolutely sure Priiloader doesn't work? Try pressing POWER and RESET at the same time and keep holding the latter for at least 10 seconds.

Sathya

GBAtemp Professional Poetry maker
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I start to brick my wii when i installing forwader channel or wad game channel on my wii with loadstructor. And i fix it with prilloader.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

but i think using mymenufy, dosent brick your wii. maybe because you dont have some cios installed to your wii.....

ElementalEnder9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The following mods I installed :

• d2x cios installer
  • mymenuify
  • USB LoaderGX
  • Priiloader
  • WAD Manager

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have a NAND backup, you could use an Infectus 2 or something like that to restore it via hardware.
Are you absolutely sure Priiloader doesn't work? Try pressing POWER and RESET at the same time and keep holding the latter for at least 10 seconds.
I tried pressing Power and Reset simutaineously for 10 secs and it didnt work

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MyMenufy can absolutely brick consoles. If you install a theme that's for a different version of the system menu you will brick the menu as it can't find its resource files.

You didn't say how you fixed it the first time but if you used something like DOP-Mii you probably reinstalled the system menu, which would fix it but it would also overwrite Priiloader. In order to unbrick it you need to be able to get something to run before the system menu. That requires one of three things: BootMii as boot2, Priiloader installed, or a chipped Wii that can read burn discs and a modified disc set to be autobootable.

Reactions: Lacius

ElementalEnder9

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MyMenufy can absolutely brick consoles. If you install a theme that's for a different version of the system menu you will brick the menu as it can't find its resource files.

You didn't say how you fixed it the first time but if you used something like DOP-Mii you probably reinstalled the system menu, which would fix it but it would also overwrite Priiloader. In order to unbrick it you need to be able to get something to run before the system menu. That requires one of three things: BootMii as boot2, Priiloader installed, or a chipped Wii that can read burn discs and a modified disc set to be autobootable.

I unbricked it with Wad Manager by reinstalling the System Menu so Priiloader is gone , I think I installed bootmii as a IOS and I have a chip in my wii , just I don't know what kind

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiis with broken disc drives are fairly cheap on ebay. If you cant fix the one you have you should look up "Wii For Parts" on ebay and it will bring up some for around 15$. Buy a "Tri Wing Screw driver" on ebay for about 3$ and Open your Bricked Wii, Remove the disc drive, and replace the drive in the purchased Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Blah. 3 of my NSO + Expansion Pass family group members are leaving. Found one replacement so far but still need to fill two empty slots. I have 9 days or i eat the extra cost myself. But with a full group $11 for a year is a good deal. imo
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    new ghostbusters was decent, not as good as the previous one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye,
    theres a new ghostbusters?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: