Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Everything You Need to Know (Includes OTPHelper Now)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country

Thanks for the link! I have an almost clean 9.2 emunand though (I only have devmenu installed via pasta which annoyingly still appears on my home menu in sysnand) which is also linked to my sysnand (also 9.2), so since I dont have much on my emunand and would like to bypass a sysnand format would I still need to use this guide to inject firm0/1? Im really nervous about doing that step but will do it if theres no way else around

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the link! I have an almost clean 9.2 emunand though (I only have devmenu installed via pasta which annoyingly still appears on my home menu in sysnand) which is also linked to my sysnand (also 9.2), so since I dont have much on my emunand and would like to bypass a sysnand format would I still need to use this guide to inject firm0/1? Im really nervous about doing that step but will do it if theres no way else around
No! You do not want to inject FIRM0/FIRM1. That will delete A9LH.

If your emuNAND and sysNAND are currently the same thing, then feel free to delete your emuNAND. To boot into into sysnand automatically, you need to create a file called "updatedsysnand", but delete the .txt extension from it. Then you want to place it in the /rei/ folder on your SD card.

Reactions: naivegirl2411

naivegirl2411

Trophies
XP
Country
No! You do not want to inject FIRM0/FIRM1. That will delete A9LH.

If your emuNAND and sysNAND are currently the same thing, then feel free to delete your emuNAND. To boot into into sysnand automatically, you need to create a file called "updatedsysnand", but delete the .txt extension from it. Then you want to place it in the /rei/ folder on your SD card.

Sorry I misread the guide there regarding firm0/1 :rofl:. To format my sd card would I need to use a specific program like tiny format or could I format normally via windows 7? And how would I go about removing devmenu since its icon appears on sysnand which looks problematic? Thanks for the help Supster131!

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I misread the guide there regarding firm0/1 :rofl:. To format my sd card would I need to use a specific program like tiny format or could I format normally via windows 7? And how would I go about removing devmenu since its icon appears on sysnand which looks problematic? Thanks for the help Supster131!
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-removing-emunand-from-sd-card.387732/

I use the diskpart method. Just remember to backup the files from your SD card before doing that, as it'll format your SD card.

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump
hello everyone, i have a problem making gba vc and dsi games work on my system, i just followed plailect's guide from section 4 onwards, now i have an o3ds ver 10.6.0-31u with cakes 138 cfw on sysnand, everytime i try to play a gba or dsi game on sysnand the screen just stay black without any message, is there any way to fix this?, thanks in advance.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bump
hello everyone, i have a problem making gba vc and dsi games work on my system, i just followed plailect's guide from section 4 onwards, now i have an o3ds ver 10.6.0-31u with cakes 138 cfw on sysnand, everytime i try to play a gba or dsi game on sysnand the screen just stay black without any message, is there any way to fix this?, thanks in advance.
Disable reboot patches.

You have to make a sacrifice, either you play games such as Smash Bros and Monster Hunter, or you play GBA games and DSiWare.
If you want to have both features at the same time, switch to AuReiNAND.

Reactions: lordkaos

lordkaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disable reboot patches.

You have to make a sacrifice, either you play games such as Smash Bros and Monster Hunter, or you play GBA games and DSiWare.
If you want to have both features at the same time, switch to AuReiNAND.

Thank you so much, i've been searching for a solution to this problem since days.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does aureinand support a9lh without emmunand?, if so, what files do i need to change to replace cakes with aureinand?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to do this, but I just want to know first what to do since I have already an Emunand with rxtools and also using ctrbootmanager. Do I have to format my emunand to proceed with it?

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to do this, but I just want to know first what to do since I have already an Emunand with rxtools and also using ctrbootmanager. Do I have to format my emunand to proceed with it?
This is a new guide version, so I'm not sure how it's layed out, but everything you need to do is in the guide. It's one of the most specific, user friendly guides out there. Just follow what it has to say and you'll be fine. If you need to format, it'll tell you. If you have any questions about the guide, just ask though. Better to ask then to brick right?

ad1gjm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Need help.... anyone have same issue like me?
I'm on AuReiNAND A9LH, after install hblauncher_loader.cia & I open Homebrew Launcher from an icon on home menu.
Homebrew can go in, looks everything fine. but when I click Decrypt9WIP or EmuNAND9, everything in homebrew cant open. it looping back to homebrew again
Please help. thanks

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on AuReiNAND A9LH, after install hblauncher_loader.cia & I open Homebrew Launcher from an icon on home menu.
Homebrew can go in, looks everything fine. but when I click Decrypt9WIP or EmuNAND9, everything in homebrew cant open. it looping back to homebrew again
Please help. thanks
You need to boot it up using 9.0 FIRM. Iirc, hold the L trigger button as the 3ds is turning on.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help. thanks
If you don't have a 9.0-9.2 (emuNAND or sysNAND), then you cannot use Decrypt9 through HBL.
You should chainload it. Download the latest Decrypt9WIP, rename Decrypt9WIP to arm9payload.bin and place it in the /rei/ folder.
When booting your 3DS, hold L+R, it should boot into D9.

Thank you so much, i've been searching for a solution to this problem since days.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

does aureinand support a9lh without emmunand?, if so, what files do i need to change to replace cakes with aureinand?
Yes, create a file called "updatedsysnand", but remove the .txt extension. Then place that file in the /rei/ folder.

Reactions: lordkaos

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

TouMAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So after I have CFW installed to my sysNAND and al9h so it boots directly to it. Is there a way to transfer to a new, bigger SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao that sold out fast