Tutorial  Updated

Full Stock to arm9loaderhax CFW Guide - Completely Redesigned

https://3ds.guide/

This guide includes information to get you from nearly any situation to full arm9loaderhax CFW.

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

Last edited by Plailect,

Testo90

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I am a little irretated. I have a 9.2.0-30E 2DS with Luma3Ds 6.5 and Emunand 11.2.0-35E and Menuhax. I was aware from A9LH all times but installed it to my N3DS (safea9lhinstaller) which worked so easy in 1min... now i love A9LH and want to set it up on my 2DS to. The Guide i read in the past included a real downgrade to 2.1. but now there is 2.1.0 ctrtransfer. Does this mean that i dont have to downgrade with all the cia files in the update folder?

Another thing:

If you downgrade to 2.1.0 on a 2DS and left Wireless Communication off, you can re-enable the wireless by removing the battery for several seconds then booting back up.

Does this mean that i should leave the Wifi enabled?

Which steps in "installing-arm9loaderhax" can i skip because i have Luma3Ds and Emunand already set up.

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did you try booting the console without the SD card?

Well, if you have a good 9.2 SysNAND backup (that you seem to have) then a hardmod can bring it back to life.
But I see no reason for you to do it if it's still on warranty. Remove any peripherals (Game CART, SD, etc) and send it to repair.
Even if you recieve a new one on FW 11+, you can use the other one you have to DSiware downgrade it.

Yes booting up without sd doesn't work either. I am sending it in for (hopefully) exchange.

Lets guess I get a 3ds with 11.x back from them. Which dsiware title will i need then? Yeah, I should just read the guide, you're right.

Why the hell did the safe a9lh installer crash and f*** up my 3ds? Should i have booted into sysnand, then start homebrew launcher and a9lh installer? Was startung a9lh install from ctrbootmanager a bad idea? Better use a fresh formated and prepared sd card for that? Man why didnt i just make a emunand backup on 11.0, and return to that after 11.2 update did not work. Emunand was running ok. I hate myself.

But the other n3ds I made earlier this week is running great with a9lh. AAAAAAAAAArgh.

Anyway. Hope sending in helps.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm curious, I've noticed plailect guide now tells you to dump SYSNAND tickets and delete all the ones that don't start with "00-", what is this step for? I don't see it covered in the guide afterwards.

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a old 3ds xl that already has CFW I used rx tools so my sysnand is on 9.2.0 and my emunand is the latest do i still need to downgrade my sysnand again from 9.2.0 to 2.1.0 in order to have a9lh on my old 3ds xl?

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can't get Decrypt9 to boot using browserhax on O3DS 9.20-20. Makes no sense, i tried everything from using a ton of links, setting the date to 01/01/2000 and checking the files.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I have a old 3ds xl that already has CFW I used rx tools so my sysnand is on 9.2.0 and my emunand is the latest do i still need to downgrade my sysnand again from 9.2.0 to 2.1.0 in order to have a9lh on my old 3ds xl?
If you have the Old 3DS, then yes you have to downgrade further to 2.1.0. But if you have the new 3ds, you can install a9lh directly on v9.2.0

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

noonzascript

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

So I think I might have missed an important step (I am unsure if it applies to me or not) which was Section IV - Restoring the System. Initially I was on a New 3DS XL with 9.0.0-2E on it and I followed the guide and completed it except for
Section IV - Restoring the System.

From what I understand, that step is used to upgrade my 3DS to the latest firmware while still keeping all the hacks. Did or does this step apply to me? Can I somehow update my 3DS to the latest firmware while keeping everything besides skipping that step initially?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind just updated through system settings and everything seems to be fine.

Last edited by noonzascript,

arkhaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello, I am new here and I have a few question

My o3ds is currently at sysNand 4.4.0-10U and is a special Mario Kart 7 edition, I've been using gateway all this time and want to try installing arm9loaderhax, but because the size of the SD card is too small, I'm planning on using a different SD card

the question is,
Should I just start following the guide from the start with the new SD card, or should I transfer some files from my current SD card first?
if I use a different SD card, can I use the save data from gateway emuNand? also the Mario Kart save data which I don't know where it's located
Is the class of the SD card really matter? I only have the class 4 one, don't think I'm going to buy the class 10

EDIT: one more question, can I still play a .3ds game with a flashcard after installing this?

Last edited by arkhaze,

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes flashcards still work with a9lh and cfw. I think gateway will give you a warning, but will work.
So my second 3ds is coming back from repair, most likely with 11.2
Will see if i can get a dsiware downgrade to work. Will not do a otpless install again after that brick.
Where is a good new3ds a9lh install guide with otp file?
Thanks.

Thegamer503

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi,

Just got a US Sun Moon N3DS XL and had a quick question about the DSi DG method.

If I install a .tik of Fieldrunners on my CFW 3DS and do a transfer to the SM 3DS will that work or do I have to buy the game on eShop?

bass_888

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

So I think I might have missed an important step (I am unsure if it applies to me or not) which was Section IV - Restoring the System. Initially I was on a New 3DS XL with 9.0.0-2E on it and I followed the guide and completed it except for
Section IV - Restoring the System.

From what I understand, that step is used to upgrade my 3DS to the latest firmware while still keeping all the hacks. Did or does this step apply to me? Can I somehow update my 3DS to the latest firmware while keeping everything besides skipping that step initially?

Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind just updated through system settings and everything seems to be fine.

Hi I am in a similar situation and am a complete NOOB! I have completed all the steps right up to SECTION IV - restoring the system. I have paused as I am unsure as to what to do? I initially downgraded from 9.9.0.26 to 9.2.0.20. Does this section apply to me too? Can I skip step 1 and 2 from this subsection and move to step 3? many thanks! Here is an image for clarificationn
http://imgur.com/a/eGPup

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyoneso i have a old 3ds xl i already install a9hl and luma but imgoing to get a n3ds soon and will be installing a9hl on it also can i back up my sysNAND from my old 3ds and then restore it on my n3ds?so i can keep all my installed games and my friend codes etc?

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey everyoneso i have a old 3ds xl i already install a9hl and luma but imgoing to get a n3ds soon and will be installing a9hl on it also can i back up my sysNAND from my old 3ds and then restore it on my n3ds?so i can keep all my installed games and my friend codes etc?
You cannot load a backup from one 3ds to another, this will cause a brick! Backups are only for this one device.
You can do a nintendo data transfer.

Lokote2134

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot load a backup from one 3ds to another, this will cause a brick! Backups are only for this one device.
You can do a nintendo data transfer.
i see so what can i transfer over can i move my save files over from my old 3ds to my n3ds? and since my old 3ds has a9hl and a few cia games what will transfer over to my n3ds with nintendo data trasfer

bomigoton

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmm.
you can backup yur safes with that homebrewtool. install everything (cia s) on the new 3ds, and import yours safes. taht worked for me.

wikdclown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What extra steps are needed to run ntr cfw ? When I try launching it, it gets stuck on [patching svc check ] and never does anything else.

Edit: Never mind was just putting the bin in the wrong folder.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Last edited by wikdclown,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?