From Software is working on three new games, including a new Armored Core

from-software-logo.jpg

From Software president Hidetaka Miyazaki revealed in an interview with IGN that his company is working on the next entry in the Armored Core franchise. When asked about From Software's upcoming games, he replied,
"There are several titles that we are working on; some of those are dark fantasy games, some could be a mech game. The second thing is that one of the new titles I've been working on will probably comply with the expectations of the fans."

IGN then pressed him, asking if the mech game was perhaps a new Armored Core, to which he answered,
"Yeah. We're already working on Armored Core"

:arrow: Source - IGN Full Interview

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Who says anything about a fan studio? From Software will just hire someone in Miyazaki's place, they hold the rights to the IP. Dark Souls can't make money if you're not making Dark Souls games, and there's nothing wrong with yearly installments of a good game. As far as the plot is concerned, that point always makes me laugh because there's nothing careful about the plot of Dark Souls, there just isn't much of it. It's an action RPG designed so that "the plot doesn't get in the way of playing it", it's just suspended in a world and non-descript. It could be easily replicated over and over again.

While I get you and agree to some extent, I still feel like it won't be the same.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
While I get you and agree to some extent, I still feel like it won't be the same.
Nobody says it will be - Metal Gear Solid will never be the same without Kojima, but it's not going to disappear because it prints money. As a gamer, all I care about is whether the end product is good or not - I'm playing the game, not participating in the behind the scenes drama.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"The second thing is that one of the new titles I've been working on will probably comply with the expectations of the fans."

Alright that means a new Adventures of Cookie & Cream......

Oh wait, I'm one of the few people who would care (Sadly....)

They could always do a Armored Core, Metal Wolf mash up, I'm sure many would like that.

Reactions: Chary

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh man, another Metal Wolf game would be great. Few games match the hilarious insanity of that. I doubt that's what fans expect though.

Reactions: Chary

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Miyazaki can say whatever the hell he wants - Souls games will continue to be made for as long as they make a wicked amount of money for the company. They put From Software back on the map after a good few years of sitting on the sidelines, especially in the west that only ever got to enjoy Front Mission (and not even all of them) and a couple of less popular titles that nobody remembers. If Miyazaki won't make more of them, someone else will, that's a guarantee - you don't slay a chicken that lays golden eggs.
I highly doubt From will make another Dark Souls game, I don't think they could take the Dark Souls series anywhere new at this point and I imagine Miyazaki believes the same. I firmly believe the Dark Souls vein of Souls-esque games are through, and we won't see anything new any time soon in this particular series.

But that doesn't mean he won't continue Bloodborne, or (as I mentioned) a Demon's Souls sequel, or even just a new ARPG game with Souls-esque gameplay. I'd love to see a cyberpunk-style Souls-esque game myself, or even a continuation of the King's Field games with updated mechanics and an actual story-line.

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I highly doubt From will make another Dark Souls game, I don't think they could take the Dark Souls series anywhere new at this point and I imagine Miyazaki believes the same. I firmly believe the Dark Souls vein of Souls-esque games are through, and we won't see anything new any time soon in this particular series.

But that doesn't mean he won't continue Bloodborne, or (as I mentioned) a Demon's Souls sequel, or even just a new ARPG game with Souls-esque gameplay. I'd love to see a cyberpunk-style Souls-esque game myself, or even a continuation of the King's Field games with updated mechanics and an actual story-line.
If From Software makes a Shadowrun-like game then I'm all in, balls deep. They have the demonic elements in Shadowrun already, they'd just need a license. They might not make another Dark Souls, sure, but does the name even matter? Every Souls game follows the same formula - you log on, smite your enemies, get invaded, some red asshole kills you with an OP character, you get pissed off, go to the bathroom to furiously... then you come back, invade some chump with your OP character, regain your Humanity and the cycle starts over - we all know this. It could be Banana Souls and it'd still be a Souls game. :P

demoncatursday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please just no online crap this time :c That's what drove me away from Verdict Day

(Not saying no multiplayer, but don't make it so focused on co-op and the like)

Also I doubt it'd happen, but I'd love full Vita ports of the PSP AC games

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking forward to a new AC entry, personally I'd love a new entry in the Frame Gride series but who has even played that game other than me?
MBzPI

Cortador

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad they are going to continue to work on the Armored Core series. I played all of then and was very active in the online scene (4 and 4A) as well.

I do hope they bring Armored Core 4's feel of control but with actually nice environment graphics and story better fleshed out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: and i heard obs makes gd lag alot