Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
I dunno about this, I feel like the MEIDs won't get verified and we won't get any games.

Okay. If you feel as though, this won't do anything. Don't do it? If you've already signed up, hope you get them. Negativity gets you nowhere.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:
I dunno about this, I feel like the MEIDs won't get verified and we won't get any games.

Okay. If you feel as though, this won't do anything. Don't do it? If you've already signed up, hope you get them. Negativity gets you nowhere.

Well I'm not worried or anything, I couldn't really care less. I'll probably forget I even did this and be surprised if they come. The only reason I'm hesitant is because at the bottom of the home page it said only phones purchased between May 26, 2011-July 15, 2011 are valid, so they must have some way of checking, right? Or they could be bullshitting us which I suppose I wouldn't be surprised
rolleyes.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:

Well I'm not worried or anything, I couldn't really care less. I'll probably forget I even did this and be surprised if they come. The only reason I'm hesitant is because at the bottom of the home page it said only phones purchased between May 26, 2011-July 15, 2011 are valid, so they must have some way of checking, right? Or they could be bullshitting us which I suppose I wouldn't be surprised
rolleyes.gif

Meh. If it works it works, if not no harm done. It's better to sign up and get nothing, then not to and get nothing. I wonder if Gamestop would give me the full retail price if the copies are new, and still in the shrink wrap. XD

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:

rolleyes.gif

Meh. If it works it works, if not no harm done. It's better to sign up and get nothing, then not to and get nothing. I wonder if Gamestop would give me the full retail price if the copies are new, and still in the shrink wrap. XD

My thoughts exactly. Haha, nope they won't. You'll probably get $30 out of it maybe, Oh well. I signed up for 2 Halo Reach's, gonna sell both of them if it works.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Curious as to if the game is coming in the mail, or it will just be a redeemable code to enter and it will be downloaded. I found this method on another site like 2-3 weeks ago so I'm surprised this is still running. Millions of people have probably done this by now. Only time will tell to see if we are all eligible.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Curious as to if the game is coming in the mail, or it will just be a redeemable code to enter and it will be downloaded. I found this method on another site like 2-3 weeks ago so I'm surprised this is still running. Millions of people have probably done this by now. Only time will tell to see if we are all eligible.

Halo: Reach, and the Kinect game in the mail. Lode Runner they email you a code for.
happy.gif

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
Brian117 said:

Halo: Reach, and the Kinect game in the mail. Lode Runner they email you a code for.
happy.gif

Oh cool, thanks. Seems like Microsoft is giving away Halo: Reach like no other. They must have over stockpiled the game haha.

Blackzeta

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered Lode Runner, but instead it sent me an email of it coming in 4-5 weeks or something, is this normal? BTW, I live in Canada, so if anyone would like to give me a free copy of Halo Reach that would be appreciated.

tagzard

Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.
Banned
Trophies
Website
tagzard.tk
XP
Country
United States
I'm not going to lie to you guys. I'm not going to do this. This is stealing. And i just don't steal. I don't want to be a goody-goddy-bag but i just don't steal.

Shano56

noobie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suprgamr232 said:
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:

rolleyes.gif

My thoughts exactly. Haha, nope they won't. You'll probably get $30 out of it maybe, Oh well. I signed up for 2 Halo Reach's, gonna sell both of them if it works.

Gamestop doesn't buy new games as they fear you might have stolen em xD

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tagzard said:
I'm not going to lie to you guys. I'm not going to do this. This is stealing. And i just don't steal. I don't want to be a goody-goddy-bag but i just don't steal.

Thanks for the news. It's good to see somebody sharing news of their choices they make on different subjects that nobody could care about. And really, Microsoft should know by now that ANY promotion they have, people will find a way to get a chance to abuse it. Like the whole Club Bing situation and all the bots available to use for it. They should have figured out there are MEID generators out there and could possibly be used for this promotion. It's their fault for not thinking about that.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:
Devin said:
suprgamr232 said:

rolleyes.gif

gamestop wont issue full refunds on games without a receipt and with the barcode matching the product
they also wont take back sealed games, they have to be opened and then they will then give you bottom $ for it (store credit that is)...

QUOTE(Brian117 @ Jul 23 2011, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE(tagzard @ Jul 23 2011, 07:30 PM)

Thanks for the news. It's good to see somebody sharing news of their choices they make on different subjects that nobody could care about. And really, Microsoft should know by now that ANY promotion they have, people will find a way to get a chance to abuse it. Like the whole Club Bing situation and all the bots available to use for it. They should have figured out there are MEID generators out there and could possibly be used for this promotion. It's their fault for not thinking about that.
I was apart of the club bing botting (or club live as it used to be called) and exploited the crap out of it and got tons of free stuff
then the netflix xbl 1 month trial exploit came out and now my live account doesnt expire until the end of 2013
its been nice exploiting MS so far
smileipb2.png

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
@ Devin: I worked at Gamestop.

They FORCE you to open the game when selling it to them. Unless you have a receipt, they will refuse to take wrapped games.

And FYI the last time I checked Reach fetches about 15 bucks. And right now they have a 40% extra bomus coupon for trade ins. So do the math.
tongue.gif

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
@ Devin: I worked at Gamestop.

They FORCE you to open the game when selling it to them. Unless you have a receipt, they will refuse to take wrapped games.

And FYI the last time I checked Reach fetches about 15 bucks. And right now they have a 40% extra bomus coupon for trade ins. So do the math.
tongue.gif

The GameStop up here is doing 50% trade in credit. For just Halo: Reach I'd get $187.50. XD But they might not come in while the offer's going on.

(eBAY/Craigslist works too.
happy.gif
.)

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Are we allowed to trade in more than one copy of the same game to Gamestop at once? I thought I read some time ago it wasn't allowed but I never really asked someone who would actually know and was just roaming the interwebz
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P