Hacking Forwarders are back!

KTBMedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My post is directed to basically anybody who's curious.

As for it being too difficult, I'm not sure what you're talking about, since it's not as difficult as it is long.

Here's the short (and confusing) version:

Inject the DOL file into the wad and inject the banner app into a working one.

Happy now?

Sirstiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Man it's been ages since i hacked my old wii fully with channels etc. Totally forget how to do everything in for my vWii.

Why are you guys supplying wads for the forwards? where do i put them? too tired right now to google...

I've become noobified all over again, and i'm wondering why the guide doesn't feel noob friendly.

What i've done so far: installed homebrew, backed up nand, installed d2x cIOS etc.

Now to get all the forwarders working again from wads? (just swapping over my hdd from the wii to the wii u)

You guys should make a complete wii U idiot proof package :).

infidelity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated my vwii in a long time. I'm running this version of wiiflow

"WiiFlow_v4.2.2_Beta_r1067_Pack_Full"

Way back I had all my wii game channels use the Wiiflow forwarder, I've always liked it and had zero issues.

But now that ive updated my wiiflow, my channels on my wii menu no longer work.

I've tried decompiling the vwii wiiflow channel forward.wad, to see if I could strip it, and change one of the .app's to a .dol, and insert it in Crap or WiiGSC, but it doesn't work. My usb hdd even hangs when I try making a channel with USB Loader 1.6 forwarder within WIIGSC.

So could someone please help on what EXACTLY it is that I need to do, in order to create channels again for my wii system? I'd really like it for Wiiflow, since that is my main loader now due to the fancy boxart for all my stuff.

I've been at this for well over a week, any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you. :-)

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok for everyone having issues with the N64/Wii64 forwarder I tweaked, I am now on vacation (Mexico) but when I get back home I'll see if it's an issue with the forwarder, if so I'll fix it.

Pepois

Sirstiv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't updated my vwii in a long time. I'm running this version of wiiflow

"WiiFlow_v4.2.2_Beta_r1067_Pack_Full"

Way back I had all my wii game channels use the Wiiflow forwarder, I've always liked it and had zero issues.

But now that ive updated my wiiflow, my channels on my wii menu no longer work.

I've tried decompiling the vwii wiiflow channel forward.wad, to see if I could strip it, and change one of the .app's to a .dol, and insert it in Crap or WiiGSC, but it doesn't work. My usb hdd even hangs when I try making a channel with USB Loader 1.6 forwarder within WIIGSC.

So could someone please help on what EXACTLY it is that I need to do, in order to create channels again for my wii system? I'd really like it for Wiiflow, since that is my main loader now due to the fancy boxart for all my stuff.

I've been at this for well over a week, any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you. :-)

I can't get WiiGSC to work on vWii either. I have all my old .wad files and am just transferring the hdd over to Wii U.

I want to be able to test prior to install so i don't banner brick.

Can someone lead us the right path?

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just wanted to see if someone would make a FCEUGX forwarder made from vibestar's designs. I left a link to vibestar's FCEUGX forwarder below.

http://www.box.net/shared/jql5uqhofq

Thanks!

by: vibestar
splash: MrNick_666

Forwards to:
sd:\apps\fceugx\boot.dol
sd:\fceugx\boot.dol
usb:\apps\fceugx\boot.dol
usb:\fceugx\boot.dol

switched to use ios58
converted for WiiU with Convert2vWii
tested on 4.0.0U WiiU deluxe
mediafire download link
Filetrip download link

3311s39.jpg

KTBMedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just went to the thread where Vibestar initially posted it. The WAD isn't patched, though, so you have to use Auto Injectuwad to inject a DOL homebrew file for fce ultra gx in order get the WAD to install.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-animated-channel.149966/

Same applies to the snes one as well, but I think another user uploaded a link to a prepatched forwarder himself.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I just went to the thread where Vibestar initially posted it. The WAD isn't patched, though, so you have to use Auto Injectuwad to inject a DOL homebrew file for fce ultra gx in order get the WAD to install.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/snes9xgx-animated-channel.149966/

Same applies to the snes one as well, but I think another user uploaded a link to a prepatched forwarder himself.

for laziness sake , that wad is prepatched and tested

drewtheretrogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

by: vibestar
splash: MrNick_666

Forwards to:
sd:\apps\fceugx\boot.dol
sd:\fceugx\boot.dol
usb:\apps\fceugx\boot.dol
usb:\fceugx\boot.dol

switched to use ios58
converted for WiiU with Convert2vWii
tested on 4.0.0U WiiU deluxe
mediafire download link
Filetrip download link

I wasn't able to install this WAD. I tried installing with different IOS's, but I wasn't able to install it. I used Multi-Mod Manager to download the WAD and I kept getting the error Title (-1035) with IOS236. I also tried to use WAD Manager 1.7, but got the same error. Help!

drewtheretrogamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't able to install this WAD. I tried installing with different IOS's, but I wasn't able to install it. I used Multi-Mod Manager to download the WAD and I kept getting the error Title (-1035) with IOS236. I also tried to use WAD Manager 1.7, but got the same error. Help!

sorry to hear that .
i used multimodmanager as well with ios249 to install on my vwii and showmiiwads to install in vwii sneek

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ok for everyone having issues with the N64/Wii64 forwarder I tweaked, I am now on vacation (Mexico) but when I get back home I'll see if it's an issue with the forwarder, if so I'll fix it.

Pepois
Ok, I am back, I tested the Forwarder and it works perfectly. I had no problem exiting to menu after playing a game.

bostonBC

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Pepois, you do it for yourself, it's quite easy:

1. Put the folder NewBannertools in a sensible location, one that you remember
2. Put the .wad that you want transform to work on vWii (Wii on Wii U) inside the NewBannertools folder, and rename it to "in.wad"
3. Double click on WAD Unpacker.bat, it will create a new folder
4. Open the "00000001 for vWii" folder and replace the "00000001.app" into the folder recently created in step 3
5. In the same created folder in with your "00000001.app" replaced, select all the contents and copy them into NewBannertools folder
6. Double click on WAD Packer.bat, it will create a wad file named "out.wad", it's the wad you install in you vWii

I prepared a zip for you.

It's even more simpler, just open the .wad with ShowMiiWads, and change the channel ID (four letters) to another one, chances are the actual ID start with the letters E, F, J, L, M, N, P, Q and X, that's the reason why it's showing in 3:4, change the first letter to whatever letter you want, except the ones I mentioned.

This approach didn't work for C64, NeoGeo and Atari 2600 and 7800 channels that I have that work nice on the Wii. Does anyone have vWii forwarder channels for those emulators? TIA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1