Hacking Forwarders are back!

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yep, thanks SaulFabre ! it worked.
Still, I have 2 Pbs:
1 I had a wiiu channel forwarder for Latest Retroarch, it worked and I could launch Retroarch, I didn't touch anything exptet downloading plugins and update from inside RetroArch and since, the wii channel forwarder doesn't work anymore, weird...I think someone else had the problem with launching the forwarder only once....(could there be a problem with this forwarder Retroarch?)
2 I still facing another issue with HBL2HBC, now my homebrew channel doesn't work anymore launching with hbl2hbc, the reason why is because I've change my WAD homebrew channel in wii mode, installing an update in a forum I founded, pb is that the wad didn't came with a 4 Digit....So anyone would know how to discover the 4 Digit of a wad please when you don't know it?

Reactions: SaulFabre

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
Yep, thanks SaulFabre ! it worked.
Still, I have 2 Pbs:
1 I had a wiiu channel forwarder for Latest Retroarch, it worked and I could launch Retroarch, I didn't touch anything exptet downloading plugins and update from inside RetroArch and since, the wii channel forwarder doesn't work anymore, weird...I think someone else had the problem with launching the forwarder only once....(could there be a problem with this forwarder Retroarch?)
2 I still facing another issue with HBL2HBC, now my homebrew channel doesn't work anymore launching with hbl2hbc, the reason why is because I've change my WAD homebrew channel in wii mode, installing an update in a forum I founded, pb is that the wad didn't came with a 4 Digit....So anyone would know how to discover the 4 Digit of a wad please when you don't know it?
1. Is your RA Wii forwarder launching correctly when launched from vWii?

2. Dump your WAD with BlueDump MOD: https://wii.guide/dump-wads.html
Then check its ID with CustomizeMii

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nope...Why? Becauce I have a WIU version of Retroarch, so it's in the SD:\wiiu\apps of my SD card, advantage of his, my gamepad pro, Gamepad, Wiimote work fine directly in retroarch
2 check its ID with CustomizeMii...Ok so CustomizeMii is the tool to determine the DIGIT of a wad ;)
Any Boot.dol tool do determine the 4 Digit please?

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Nope...Why? Becauce I have a WIU version of Retroarch, so it's in the SD:\wiiu\apps of my SD card, advantage of his, my gamepad pro, Gamepad, Wiimote work fine directly in retroarch
2 check its ID with CustomizeMii...Ok so CustomizeMii is the tool to determine the DIGIT of a wad ;)
Any Boot.dol tool do determine the 4 Digit please?
If you're using the Wii U version of RetroArch, you need to seek for a valid RetroArch for Wii U forwarder (for Wii U of course).

There's no tool for see the ID of a boot.dol file since no dol file has a title ID. dol files are not made with a ID.

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
"If you're using the Wii U version of RetroArch, you need to seek for a valid RetroArch for Wii U forwarder (for Wii U of course)."
Well, it had work once...so I do not understand why
"There's no tool for see the ID of a boot.dol file since no dol file has a title ID. dol files are not made with a ID."
No, I was search for a Dol utility, under wii or Wiiu that would analyzed a WAD file and tell what the ID of the WAD is.

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
"If you're using the Wii U version of RetroArch, you need to seek for a valid RetroArch for Wii U forwarder (for Wii U of course)."
Well, it had work once...so I do not understand why
"There's no tool for see the ID of a boot.dol file since no dol file has a title ID. dol files are not made with a ID."
No, I was search for a Dol utility, under wii or Wiiu that would analyzed a WAD file and tell what the ID of the WAD is.
try uninstalling your WiiU forwarder of RA WiiU and reinstalling it again.

About the tool under Wii/WiiU for analyze a WAD file and tell what is the ID of the WAD i don't know, but you could try using the BlueDump MOD i've mentioned. (https://gbatemp.net/threads/yet-another-bluedump-mod-yabdm.354730/)

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
try uninstalling your WiiU forwarder of RA WiiU and reinstalling it again
=> Thanks, I've tried, still pb, maybe I've dreamt and never launched retroarch-wii from the forwarder? Or maybe the forwarder I have try to launch SD:\APPS\RETROARCH-wii instead of SD:\WIIU\RETROARCH-wii?
Anyway, could someone that has knowledge of Title forwarder channel for wiiu update the installer so it can launch whatever the directory it is? SD:\APPS\RETROARCH-wi or SD:\APPS\RETROARCH or SD:\>Wiuu\APPS\RETROARCH or SD:\>Wiuu\APPS\RETROARCH-wiiu ?

PS: OK FOUND the SOLUTION in a forum here!!Solution was removing F:\WIIU Carte SD 64GO TIRAMISU\wiiu\environments\installer\modules\setup\50_hbl_installer.rpx to 50_hbl_installer.OLD.
What does that mean?? Maybe that the RETROARCH forwarder should be taking this into consideration, something is wrong with it. Renaming the file, when clicking MII channel, the exploit is void, but if you have another channel to go inside homebrew channel its fine ;)

Last edited by mrmagicm,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
I know this is an EXTREMELY old thread, but anyone got vWii forwarders for WiiApple?
I don't think if vWii forwarders were released for WiiApple...

but if you have Wii forwarders for WiiApple you can convert them to vWii using my tool WiiForwarder2vWii.

Reactions: jeannotte

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know this is an old thread, but I am trying anyway (sorry about that).
This link is dead:
00000001000000022.png

New WiiSX Channel forwarder for vWii ! Thanks to the original author for original file !

Tested and working with boot.dol and boot.elf in:

SD :\apps\wiisx
SD :\apps\wiiSX

Can you anyone please re-up this one? I will be very happy if that can be done!

L0w

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Last edited by L0w,

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Reactions: L0w

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
Thank you SaulFabre. I saw this post, but how do I get it as a WUP installer format? I am sorry, I am a noob at these things, but am eager to learn!
oh, we don't have a WUP Wii U forwarder for WiiSX yet.

I could make one, but i'm busy right now.

Reactions: jeannotte and L0w

mrmagicm

Trophies
XP
Country
France
there are multiple emulators of PS1 on wiiU....WiiSX, WIISXRX, WiiSXRX 2022, Wiistation, Retroarch plugin.
the wiiSX version is the base for all others (not the retroarch), so better have the Wiistation which is the fastest and indeed, the WiiSX might be the most compatible with the retroarch, not sure If someone can confirm this.

Reactions: L0w

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto