Former Bayonetta voice actress under scrutiny after omitting real offer amounts

1666714051281.png

A week ago, news broke out from the former Voice Actress for Bayonetta, Hellena Taylor, sharing her story about her departure to continue voicing the titular character. The departure came with a explanation of several videos over at the actress' Twitter account, where she comments on the main issue being solely on under-payment towards voicing the character for the 3rd installment.

However, other reporters and insiders from the industry delved into the issue and have mentioned an omission in her statement.
The reporters were tipped from anonymous veils due to the legal issues that might arise from disclosing contract negotiations in a public matter. The mentioned amount by Taylor of $4'000, which according to her was the offered amount for voicing the character's lines for the game, was allegedly an offered amount for a different, one-session recording, and not the final offer for the whole game.

The 4k sum she mentioned in her original tweets was an offer made way past her departure, as a simple cameo in the game.
Meanwhile, several reports and insiders allegedly mention that the actual offer for the main game was way higher than the one she disclosed, nearing $15'000 as minimum. This 15k sum came from what Platinum originally offered her for at least five 4-hours sessions, with each one being paid from 3k to 4k, with a possible maximum amout of $20,000, if the reports are to be believed.

Hellena Taylor confirms said sums in a series of tweets on October 24th, where she specifically mentions that the initial offer she deemed too low was of 10k, which she was unhappy with, and contacted superiors. They offered her an additional 5k in return. Taylor declined and refused to voice the character. Platinum then contacted her months after for the voice cameo of one-session, this one being a 4k offer.

One of the original tweets which brought this upfront has since been removed, but it's available under the Wayback Machine.

It is still unknown whether or not all of this will have any legal repercussions to her due to the usual NDAs that are now the status quo within the entertainment industry.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
She tweeted she wants to defend her reputation, but she is her worst enemy. She asked players to boycott the game. What devs would want to risk hiring somebody like that in the future?

She basically cancelled herself lol
I don't see any company even wanting to come close her anymore due to this.
Besides, it's not like she had an impressive resumee, at all, with only 24 credited works on IMDB with only Bayonetta being her only prominent role, compared to Jennifer's 400+ works on IMDB with an incredible backlog of great games and other things she has worked on.

It might just be me, but this really seems like the fame got over her head and wanted more because of it, but now she basically just nose-dived into oblivion.

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder what she thought would happen? Like there wouldn't be any documents or conversation snippets where it was discussed how much the real amount would be.

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Besides, it's not like she had an impressive resumee, at all, with only 24 credited works on IMDB with only Bayonetta being her only prominent role, compared to Jennifer's 400+ works on IMDB with an incredible backlog of great games and other things she has worked on.
I read somewhere that she's primarily a theater actress rather than being focused on VO work, but regardless she's likely to get fewer opportunities in that field as well after taking such a public hit to her reputation/integrity.

Reactions: IncredulousP

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Her best one is that she maintained the interrest of fans alive for the series doing appearances and signing during Platinum's radio silence....

She really is something else. Fuck her right off!

Reactions: Snintendog

City

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As I said in the other thread, I’m very disappointed.

All this was unnecessary. In the end, I see a ruined career and an attempt to ruin innocent people’s names.

Reactions: DoctorBagPhD

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn she damaged her own rep pretty hard, and burned pretty much every bridge she had in the gaming industry. For her sake, I hope she has some money saved up.

Nintendo, Sega, and Platinum might just end up suing her too.

donaldgx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
was never going to buy it to begin with, but didn't want to feel like I was doing that for some self-righteous reason as stading up for some underpaid VA. now I'll be able to pirate without remorse.

Reactions: tbgtbg and Y0shII

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
she was offered 15k and yet on her video she said they offered her 4k to look like a victim, i bet if she said she was offered 15k and declined the video would have been a laughing stock from beginning to end and no one would have cared, so she profusely lied about being 15k offer which for VA was pretty damn high considering this was a 16hour gig.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...