Hacking Formatted SD card. Oops.

eggclip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A month or two back I formatted the SD card I used to softmod my Wii to use for other things, since I didn't think I would be using my Wii anymore. Big mistake.
I've tried putting some of the app files in the proper folder on the SD card and the Homebrew channel itself works, but other than that? No luck. The apps that are accessed from the regular Wii menu are still there, but inaccessible.
USB Loader GX, Configurable USB Loader, Neogamma, and Wiiflow all send me right back to the Wii menu when I open them. Like I said, the Homebrew Channel and Backup Homebrew Channel still work.
I'm not sure if I need to uninstall and then reinstall the softmod somehow, or something less/more convoluted than that. I'd appreciate any help I can get.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Download whatever apps your missing now and place them back onto the sd card.

No need to redo any mods or anything.

Your sd card needs to be fat32 format and then place the files like this

SD:\apps\*\boot.dol

Where * is whatever app need back

example

SD:\apps\wiiflow\boot.dol

Reactions: eggclip

eggclip

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, this worked! My issue was that I tried to put .wads in the /apps folder. Guess I'll just have to remember to use the Homebrew menu instead of the regular Wii one.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as long as you put all your apps back in the correct locations then your forwarder channels from the wiis main menu should still work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o