For the Frog the Bell Tolls translated into english!

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Taken from GoNintendo
QUOTE said:
Talk about really, really surprising. The game that is largely responsible for the gameplay mechanics/visuals in Link's Awakening has just seen a fan-translation into English. For the Frog the Bell Tolls has never received an official localization, but dedicated fans have made playing this game in our native language a reality. Now, I'm sure Nintendo isn't too happy that this has happened, but it's still cool to see Nintendo fans trying to spread the word of this little-known title.
thumb_inline_4_4178_5.jpg
icon11.gif
Project page
icon11.gif
Source

Finally!!... we will able to understand Prince Richard's story!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ahhh, I definitely will have to try this.
I friggin love the theme tune, and I enjoyed Richard's cameo in Link's Awakening.

I've even heard one character made a cameo in Wario Land 4, ya know the old archaeologist who usually ended up being thrown around to solve puzzle rooms.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is dynamite, finally everyone can enjoy this game.
yaynds.gif

QUOTE said:
Now, I'm sure Nintendo isn't too happy that this has happened

*stares at Nintendo* Deal with it, anyway, it's not like they can C&D this project (especially now that it's finished, and it's just a patch to the original game), at best it can give them some idea, like reusing this script to release the game on virtual console.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo might ask the guy if they can release it for a "Hanabi festival", if they're smart.
I'd certainly support that with a purchase.

Hell, there's Mother 3, Starfox 2, and this, all games that are completed and translated, but never released in some places, or even at all in Starfox 2's case.

In all sensible business practice though, Nintendo will only distance themselves from unauthorised modders like this.
Even SEGA wised up and hired the programmer for JenesisDS, made a commercial release out of homebrew called Sonic Classic Collection!

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Can someone please mirror the patch for me ?

You don't have permission to access /translations/gameboy/patches/[1623]Kaeru no Tame ni Kane wa Naru English Fan Translation v1.0.zip on this server.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
Nintendo might ask the guy if they can release it for a "Hanabi festival", if they're smart.
I'd certainly support that with a purchase.

Hell, there's Mother 3, Starfox 2, and this, all games that are completed and translated, but never released in some places, or even at all in Starfox 2's case.

In all sensible business practice though, Nintendo will only distance themselves from unauthorised modders like this.
Even SEGA wised up and hired the programmer for JenesisDS, made a commercial release out of homebrew called Sonic Classic Collection!
Nintendo should hire fan translators and paid a small amount of money to them, in order to release these old japanese RPG in the virtual console. They can get a good profit with practically 0 effort.

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Just a short question for those who completed the game. I played through it a couple of times. Got every item (except if there is some hidden ultra rare one) and got all my stuff maxed up. I just can't find use for the second bottle. I could always fill the first bottle with wine, but never the second. Also, what does the counter represent from the Diary ? How often you died ? How often you saved ? Or something like a chapter ?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm really late to the party, but...

I stuck this on my PSP when I saw this thread and forgot about it, but recently saw it and decided to play it. It's certainly an interesting game. Mixing in the puzzle mechanics with swapping around the forms is interesting. When I first realized it'd be a core mechanic I feared I'd be running into all sorts of puzzles I couldn't complete, but the few I've run into (only up to the mining town so far) felt almost natural to work through. The story's pretty silly but it's usually clear on where I need to go next, but I have to admit it took me a bit to get the "this guy kills you until you find all the powerups" thing each area goes into, and it's getting too hard for me by the time of the mining town.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la