Hacking Fix for 'Waiting for your slow USB drive'

donka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a drive that works fine with USB Loader GX on one Wii but always give the 'Waiting for your slow USB drive' error message on another and fails to mount. As all things seem identical I figured there may be an issue with how the USB port is powered on that Wii. After trying every combination of the USB ports and both or just one of the USB leads for power I tried putting a small pen drive in the other USB port while the HD was attached to the main one. The WBFS drive mounted instantly first time.

I have tried this with a combination of pen drives formatted with NTFS and FAT and also a Bluetooth USB adapter and as long as one of these devices is in the other USB port, USB Loader GX loads the WBFS hard drive in the first USB slot perfectly every time. It seems like it just requires a USB device in that second port for this to work even though that device is not actually being used.
Hope this information helps someone.

Truoogga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
xtrazotic.22web.net
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
After trying every combination of the USB ports and both or just one of the USB leads for power I tried putting a small pen drive in the other USB port while the HD was attached to the main one. The WBFS drive mounted instantly first time.

Uh... me no-speaky English, pal. xD Kidding. But I don't quite understand this part.

Truoogga

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
xtrazotic.22web.net
XP
Country
United States
MarioMadness said:
he means if he uses 2 usb devices, his actual WBFS drive in usb0 and another one, even a usb bluetooth dongle in usb1 then it mounts his drive instantly
Aaah, that's what I thought it said. What sucks is, I only have one USB Flash Drive, I don't have anything else. I I didn't do anything wrong.

$p00ky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had this problem [topic] and your solution solved my problem!

That's crazy but if I plug the USB LAN Adapter in the USB Port 1, the HDD in the USB port 0 is successfully mounted...
And it fails when nothing is plugged in the port 1.

Thanks for the trick dude!

donka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No problem. It was a weird one butit saves people going out and buying a new hard drive just to get this working. Hope it helps others.

Stardotstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My USB drive worked perfectly until today - when it started this "waiting for slow USB" nonsense. So I inserted a USB card reader into the other Wii USB slot and perfect again! Wieird. Thanks to all who posted.

zeedds

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder if this will fix the problem mplayer ce has with booting when installed on my usb hdd... worth a try , thanks for the tip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1