Tutorial  Updated

Fix for Linux Battery issue

Here's a quick and easy fix for the turning off at 40% battery issue that people are seeing after running Linux. This is effectively the same fix as unplugging the battery, but does so without having to take apart the Switch.

Step 1: Download attached fusee-linux-battery-fix.rar
Step 2: Extract and load the binary with your favorite RCM Smash tool (I'm using TegraRcmSmash).
Step 3: You should see the typical fusee screen, at this point unplug the USB cable. The screen should go off.
Step 4 (optional?): Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Your switch won't turn on at this point, that's desired.
Step 5: Plug in a USB cable. Switch will turn on, and you're done.

This worked to fix my Switch, let me know if it works for you.

Edit:

Source is here:

github/crystalseedgba/BatteryFix/blob/master/fusee/src/main.c (Sorry it's not letting me post hyperlinks)

This doesn't fix the Linux bug, this is really just a crude workaround. At first I suspected that Linux is somehow mangling the battery gauge but this doesn't seem to be the case. The battery gauge reports around 40% and decent battery voltage when my Switch would turn off. I think Linux is misconfiguring some undervoltage lockout somewhere, but I don't know where.

Thanks to jjbredesen for his "How to make a custom Fusee payloads" tutorial.

Attachments

• fusee-linux-battery-fix.rar
    14.2 KB · Views: 2,030
Last edited by Crystalseed,

xXxSwagnemitexXx

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I will be really surprised if this is a real fix
same

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im letting my switch charge to 100% before running this because... i dont really know why im waiting for it to get to 100% but when it does ill run the payload

LeRepex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tought it was fake at first but as it seems it really fixed my problem as the lowest i go for was 7% while running mario odyssey after that i started charging again but maybe it would go even lower

same

im letting my switch charge to 100% before running this because... i dont really know why im waiting for it to get to 100% but when it does ill run the payload

I didnt do this either. i ran it with almost 50% and it worked

xXxSwagnemitexXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I tought it was fake at first but as it seems it really fixed my problem as the lowest i go for was 7% while running mario odyssey after that i started charging again but maybe it would go even lower
thanks for the info, at least someone got it to work, im gonna try running it now.

ill take pictures as well (with my laptops front facing camera because i dont have my phone)

camera wont work but i injected the payload and i got the rocket ship and moon thing and the words (re)switched and underneath it says " BATFET is now disabled, disconnect the USB cable."

unplugging turned the switch's screen off

Step 4 (optional?): Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Your switch won't turn on at this point, that's desired.
Step 5: Plug in a USB cable. Switch will turn on, and you're done.
did this and my switch turned on, im going to decrease the battery now

Reactions: x0x0

Notex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just ran it and going to let my switch battery's drain, if it goes below 40% I'll update this post.

Edit: Battery at 35% and Switch hasn't powered off yet. Looks like this has fixed the battery bug.

Last edited by Notex,

xXxSwagnemitexXx

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MY NEWS ARTICLES GOT RESET

not exactly reset, but "Welcome to News!" and "Where to get new games?" are at the top of the news page

Attachments

• 2018062410214300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
    2018062410214300-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 426

Notex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
MY NEWS ARTICLES GOT RESET

not exactly reset, but "Welcome to News!" and "Where to get new games?" are at the top of the news page

Am I the only one who doesn't use the news channel at all? I get gaming news from Reddit and sometimes from gbatemp instead.

angelhp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Definitely I can affirm.
This payload works flawlessly.
the console has shut down correctly 0%
the console has entered in standby mode and not in off in abrupt
Thanks =)
I have loaded the battery a bit after shutting down correctly and the game continues
Amazing!!!!

Last edited by angelhp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: don't mind me, just liking all of SDIO's posts, they deserve it for...