OP
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
The US price is going to be around the $300 mark, let's not fuck around and directly convert sterling into dollars. It never works out like that.

If this is a correct price and it's a direct conversion, I'd estimate around $350-$400 USD.

Also p1ngy stop trollan you fanboy

I just wanted everyone to know how much a non 1080p capable console would cost them in 2012. :(

Reactions: 2 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they confirm that price, they will confirm ambassador program for Wii U, because it will not sell

An Ambassador program will only help sell if the price drops with it. If they kept the 3DS at $250 and then gave it an Ambassador program it would not be getting sales anywhere close to what it has now.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
Guild,
What I meant is that, if they release at this price, they will need another ambassador program (with price drops and all that stuff) to save their sales. Nintendo only make sense with lower price than its competitors

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild,
What I meant is that, if they release at this price, they will need another ambassador program (with price drops and all that stuff) to save their sales. Nintendo only make sense with lower price than its competitors

Oh, I understand, sorry for the misunderstanding.

In which case yes, that will probably help a lot.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Kinda.. Well.. Won't get it at launch, but then again, there hasn't been a single console that I've gotten at launch. Closest was the 3DS around a year after launch.

The problem with the WiiU (as I see it) is that it's directly competing against the PS3 and 360 in regards to ports. Although the WiiU could offer smoother gameplay, investing in the new console (for a port) is something foreign for me. Only thing at the moment tipping its scale against Sony/MS is exclusives. Pump them out in the beginning and we may have a winner!

ps. The problem is mostly with people who own another console (PS3/360). If someone wanted to play ME3, they'd probably have bought it already for the PS3 or 360.. :P

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The US price is going to be around the $300 mark, let's not fuck around and directly convert sterling into dollars. It never works out like that.

If this is a correct price and it's a direct conversion, I'd estimate around $350-$400 USD.

Also p1ngy stop trollan you fanboy

I just wanted everyone to know how much a non 1080p capable console would cost them in 2012. :(
It's 1080p capable, but you won't just admit that :(

rasta1777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Much better than ps3's launch price. *shudders*
I guarantee it will drop to £200 in a few months after launch.
the PS3 tech at the time was cutting edge... the "Wii U" is old tech, so that comparison doesnt make sense

hope the final price is under 300€, or else i wont bother, as i didnt bother with the 3DS when it was 250€.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
shopto state on the WiiU page

PLEASE NOTE: All information on this product page, including our price, is subject to change. Normal pre-order price promise does not apply to this product at this time. Price may change pending full details from Nintendo.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

donelwero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I guess they were trying to give a price based on what other consoles cost. My guess is that the Wii U will cost 300. The 3DS costs 180 right now, pretty cheap if you ask me.

So a $300 price for the Wii U seems possible.

Arwen20

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I may wait to see how well the Wii U is received by consumers and game developers before I purchase it, no matter the cost.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like nintendo went to sony's side of price devil... well i'm going pass on saving up for a wii u now...

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was not planning to be an early adopter for the Wii U.

But the price is considerable. There is no console its launching against this time, So the half as much as the PS3 isnt going to fly this round, it has to win by people actually wanting to buy a Wii U.

But im optimistic about this one.

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Best Buy Prices WiiU at $299.99

Wii-U-price.jpg

MakiManPR

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this on the Best Buy Website just right now. Ironically its not were all other WiiU games are, its posted in another section. I could only find it searching on Google Shopping for "Wii U"

czic6g8drjkoais5g.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already